Techni Ice Dual Zone

We are looking to purchase a portable fridge/freezer before a trip in March next year.Have looked around A LOT and keep coming back to the Techni Ice Dual Zone 60Lt with digital controls for both compartments..anybody used or had experience with this model? I have seen forums on their other 60Lt fridge but not this one.Also looking at a Bushmans, but wondering whether having to remove the top basket(s) to get to the bottom one continuously is a pain or not!

Thanks
Brett
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Bantam - Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 11:54

Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 11:54
Remember as soon as you say the word "freezer" your power demand skyrockets.

Lots of people are keen on large fridges.....remember the bigger the fridge the bigger the battery needed.
Ask ya self do I need a fridge that big.

A lot of people expect to continue their fridge expectations and habits from home.....this is nearly always a guarantee of disapointment.

There is a great deal to be said for running two small fridges. be thay run as fridges or freezers.

cheers
AnswerID: 542534

Reply By: gbc - Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 13:03

Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 13:03
I've had fridge freezers for ages and wouldnt be without one. I run my 60 lt evakool off an 85 ah battery with no problems.
I just checked out that techni ice fridge. Staino, bd35 compressor, separate freezer, 6 year warranty, insulated cover - whats not to like for the money?
At $890 odd if I was in the market I'd roll the dice on that for sure.
AnswerID: 542536

Follow Up By: Bludge - Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 19:01

Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 19:01
GBC, I another EvaKool fan I have the old yellow 70ltr and a 60ltr unit.

Brett P.

The techni ice fridge is just about identical to the Ironman, Champion, Primus (BCF and Rays) and National Luna dual zone fridges.

They can all be run as 2 fridges, 2 freezers or the large compartment fridge and the small a freezer or just turn one side off.

Great price and worth looking at.
FollowupID: 828955

Reply By: BrettP - Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 14:21

Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 14:21
We have an 80ah extreme thumper in the back, so I should get a couple of days out of that before charging...and we have solar panels...Yeh we like the looks and configuration of the 60 dz..probably going to go that way...as long as Texhni ice has them in stock..
AnswerID: 542539

Reply By: Winner W - Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 19:27

Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 19:27
I don't know about their freezers and fridges but we used their cooler boxes and we put ice in one on Saturday with drinks and it still had ice in today . Brisbane has been hot the last week.
AnswerID: 542550

Reply By: Batt's - Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 22:05

Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 22:05
My neighbours work mate has one of the poly Techni ice fridges not sure what size but he likes it and my neighbour has purchased one as well but be prepared to wait a month or two for delivery depending on stock. They have a good compressor metal handles to tie it down digital gauges if the electrics are good quality you should be fine. They look like a solid unit and being able to control the temp in either side is a real bonus also having a built in power connection reduces the need to carry an adaptor. I have a 47 ltr Evakool but would consider purchasing a 60 ltr dual zone if I was to upgrade mine for it's features and price.
AnswerID: 542555

Reply By: kcandco - Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 22:10

Thursday, Dec 04, 2014 at 22:10
Hi Brett

I have had a bushman for about 8 years and the two problems I have encountered are loose power connection at the fridge causing voltage drop and subsequent turnoff. I hard wired the power cable to fridge and no more problems since. Secondly occasionally the control panel chucks a wobbly and goes to freeze mode, resulting in busted cans of drink if I don't notice. I have replaced the batteries in the control panel but that doesn't seem to be the cause. That said the trays and varied lids on the bushman work well and there is plenty of room.

I like the look of the techni ice. Great to have a remote as sometimes when the frig is loaded in the vehicle, the controls are not easily assessable.

The only possible problem I can see is actually fitting items into the compartments. I would take some milk, beer, softdrink and food containers in and see if they actually fit. I suggest this as I have a 21 litre engel as well as the bushman, and while it is a great fridge and freezer, some things just dont fit well because the dimensions may be a bit small. IE you may find that a 1.25 bottle, 2 l milk and cans and food just wont stack in together.

regards Kc
AnswerID: 542556

Follow Up By: BrettP - Wednesday, Dec 10, 2014 at 18:27

Wednesday, Dec 10, 2014 at 18:27
Well we have decided to get a Bushman's Fridge after all the too-ing and fro-ing between brands.I just like the idea of the low power draw of the unit, and it's versatility in changing sizes to suit our needs. Waiting for it to be delivered on Friday, so once I've had it a while and had some use out of it, I'll post an update.Thanks everyone for all your info regarding this post.

Cheers
Brett
FollowupID: 829420

Sponsored Links