Need some assistance!

Submitted: Monday, Jan 12, 2015 at 00:35
ThreadID: 110688 Views:1640 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys, I just picked up an immaculate 2000 TF Rodeo dual cab 2.8TD with low kms (consider myself lucky)

I'm in the process of fitting it out with the usual central locking, keyless entry, tint, lift kit, tyres, dual battery etc etc etc

I want to lift it, but I keep hearing of people having issues as a result. Uneven tyre wear along with a number of other problem. I have an RA7 Rodeo and luckily I've had no issues with the lift kit in it as I adjusted camber etc.
The reason I want the lift is to increase ground clearance for the beach as it predominately will be used for daily driving and fishing on the beach. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on this?

The next question is whether 31s will fit on the TF rodeo with or without the lift? If I cant do a lift then the tyres would be something I'd still like to do.

I'm also looking for an alloy roof cage, however I'm not having much luck. I know a track lander version will fit, but spending $1300 for a 1400 rack is just ludacris and having a difficult time finding a solid aluminum with mesh bottom. Any ideas?

I'm in Perth.

Many thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - mark D18 - Monday, Jan 12, 2015 at 08:39

Monday, Jan 12, 2015 at 08:39
Hey Chris

I had a 2.8 litre dual cab rodeo , and it was a top vehicle .
The little Isuzu motor is a beauty and you don't have to worry about all the problems the New common rail diesels are having or will have in the future .
A 2 inch lift will not be a problem as long as you use quality parts .
I brought some rola roof racks and looked around for a second hand roof basket when I had my Rodeo , all up it cost me about t$ 350.00.
I am pretty shore 31s will fit without a lift kit.

Cheers

AnswerID: 544102

Follow Up By: Chris L13 - Monday, Jan 12, 2015 at 09:24

Monday, Jan 12, 2015 at 09:24
Fantastic! Appreciate Your help Mark!

I'll try investigate a quality lift kit. My other concern with lifting is losing the soft suspension feel. We have a new born and the lift in the RA7 is a joke in terms of how tight and bouncy it is. Assuming a softer shock such as old man emu should rectify this?
FollowupID: 831199

Reply By: Batt's - Tuesday, Jan 13, 2015 at 23:50

Tuesday, Jan 13, 2015 at 23:50
If you plan on carrying a bit of gear especially if you're planning of having a roof rack and carrying reasonable heavy gear on it you will need heavier rated springs but don't let that be a deterrent if you match them up with the correct shocks you will have a stable ride that won't lean dangerously in corners when loaded and it will be still comfortable when empty. The shocks control the rebound which reduces the jarring from heavier springs so look for comfortable riding quality shocks you may even find adjustable shocks will suit your needs. Tell the supplier what you looking for and if you plan on adding extras like a bull bar dual battery etc and that you still would like a comfy ride and if they know their stuff they should be able to suggest the correct setup for your needs.
AnswerID: 544212

Sponsored Links