Comment: EOTopo Help and FAQ

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 21, 2015 at 16:12
ThreadID: 110830 Views:1580 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I am having difficulty installing the EOtropo maps onto a mud map. I have followed the instructions and at the last step get an error message on the iPad saying the files did not sync. Have contacted Mud map and they are looking into it, just thought I would try this forum as well. I have attached the screen shots of the iTunes and iPad screens. Any ideas?


Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: CraigB - Thursday, Jan 22, 2015 at 15:37

Thursday, Jan 22, 2015 at 15:37
Most likely incompatible format. As far as I am aware you can't import maps into MudMap. Any additional maps need to purchased from MudMap.
Regards
Craig
AnswerID: 544710

Follow Up By: Member - rondesron - Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:17

Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:17
Thanks Craig, you should be able to do this as it is stated on both this website and the mud map website that it is doable. It appears, the files That I downloaded are not correctly named or formatted and therein lies the issue.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

0
FollowupID: 832081

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 17:35

Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 17:35
Craig,

MudMap is supported, tested and working with EOTopo 200K when purchased via the download option in the shop.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message
Moderator

0
FollowupID: 832112

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 17:35

Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 17:35
Ron,

Following on from the emails I think somehow the file names have been changed from the correct named files they must have two % signs. I note on yours it appears that the %20 have been replaced by a space char (which is actually a HTML thing - suspect this may be Mac releated - I will test this) - simply rename the files you have on your computer to match what they should be and they will import perfectly.

I have tested the download and they should be downloading with the right name - at least they all did on my computer the name format must match this for all files.

EOTopo 10M Australia%2015%ExplorOz.mmr

Of course change the file name as required for the different maps but the double % between the name, version and author must be there else it will show like you are seeing with just the Author name. As mentioned it will be the %20 has been replaced by a space on your machine when received.

Can you try a download again of say the 10M file as it is small and ensure it comes down with the two % signs. As for your other downloads simply rename the files as needed and they will install. We have many customers using MudMap already so I am very confident it will work for you.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message
Moderator

AnswerID: 544778

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 17:49

Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 17:49
Ron,

Just booted a MAC and using Safari downloaded the file and it came through with the right name. Can you please confirm for me the computer and browser you used that gave the wrong file names to the saved files please so I can test and try to duplicate.

Thanks
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message
Moderator

0
FollowupID: 832113

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 17:56

Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 17:56
Ron,

Chrome on a MAC seems to be the issue with this - the Chrome download function is incorrectly renaming the file. So for your fix simply rename and you will be fine. I will change the Edition number in future on mmr files to not have %20 in the file name string, but this is a very obscure problem related to Mud Map's use of % and my map using the year as a version number and it being 20. I am actually concerned the Chrome may incorrectly label it even if I make some other %XX character.

Anyway that should be it. Can you please confirm my findings and let me know that you are working as expected.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message
Moderator

1
FollowupID: 832116

Reply By: Member - rondesron - Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 20:38

Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 20:38
Hi David

Thanks for looking into this and coming up with the solution I have renamed the files and they are now working fine on both my apple devices. Have a great long weekend.

Ron

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 544785

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Jan 30, 2015 at 16:44

Friday, Jan 30, 2015 at 16:44
Ron,

That updated version I mentioned is now available in the EOTopo Downloads system. I have also changed the MMR file names to have a V2015 to get around that Chrome issue with the %20 - I have just tested this on 2015.1 and it should all work 100%.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message
Moderator

AnswerID: 545078

Sponsored Links