Cosy Corner East ,Albany WA

Submitted: Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 15:53
ThreadID: 110849 Views:2204 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just thought members would be interested in what is happening at the "free camp" site at cCosy Corner East. Hopefully will all be for the better, and be less crowded and more harmonious.Check the link out..... Cosy Corner now will have camp hosts
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 17:03

Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 17:03
Sounds like a good arrangement that will hopefully keep locals happy and a free camp open. Sadly I think there are too many who think that free camps are a right rather than a privilege and are only too ready to exploit the system by overstaying as well as the usual problems of garbage disposal etc. We overnighted at Cosy Corner 5 or 6 years ago and thought it was a good spot though there were signs of over-use even then.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 544774

Reply By: Les PK Ranger - Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 17:05

Friday, Jan 23, 2015 at 17:05
Camp hosts are a great idea, and they work well where I have experienced them in place.
They ensure fees are paid, rules are followed (fires, rubbish, etc), and usually have some great local knowledge to pass on.

Good on the Dux's for volunteering, especially during the hot spells during their term there until end Feb.
AnswerID: 544775

Sponsored Links