Ayres Rock

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 15:59
ThreadID: 110991 Views:2334 Replies:1 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi we are travelling to Ayres Rock in April with our dog and just wondering if anyone has any updated info on dogs restrictions around Ayres Rock? I have heard of people taking there dogs to Ayres Rock and just tying them up to the car whilst they look at the rock? Is this allowed/wise? Are there any pet sitting services in the area?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Swartsy - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 16:38

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 16:38
Dogs are not allowed into the National Park so you wouldn't be able to take it with you when you went out to the actual rock. They are allowed in the caravan park so you can leave them there if you feel comfortable to leave them there alone for the day and they don't cause dramas (ie constant barking etc). We just closed our van up and put the air conditioner on for the day and our little dog was fine.
AnswerID: 545353

Follow Up By: Lab on board - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 16:47

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 16:47
Thanks for that
FollowupID: 832886

Follow Up By: Idler Chris - Vic - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 22:31

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 22:31
A friend of mine use to run a CP but he would not allow pets. One of his reasons was that they don't pay fees but sometimes use lots of power.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 832919

Follow Up By: Members Pa & Ma. - Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 15:58

Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 15:58
Lab on board,
As said, Dogs not allowed in National Parks!!
There is also baiting done in National Parks. I wouldn't!
I would do my home work very thoroughly, even if it meant leaving your dog at a safe place & going back for it.
Try contacting, the Ranger there, he would be able to help you..
Take care, Safe travels. Ma.
FollowupID: 832977

Follow Up By: Lab on board - Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 16:51

Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 16:51
Thanks for that ma, enjoy your journey
FollowupID: 832978

Follow Up By: Steve - Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 20:00

Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 20:00
hi Lab,

it's 3 years since we last went to Yulara. We took our two teenage boys and little Jack Russell (actually, big, as Jack Russells go) We thought we might have to do it in shifts to the Rock but had 3x options/offers of people who offered to look after the bugger whilst we went - and same for the Olgas. Two offers came from other dog owners who we just bumped into. They said other owners had looked after theirs for the morning whilst they went to look at the Rock. The other one who offered wasn't even a dog owner but we said we are going off for about two hours for a feed (6pm > 8pm) and on the off chance he barks (which he'd not done before) here's our mobile number, we'll be back in 5 mins :- "No worries, leave him out here with us and he won't want to leave us when you come back".

Worst case, you might have to do shifts to the Rock but probably not......and I'm sure there was a pet minding facility nearby where you could leave him for a while and a modest fee. I don't think you'll be stuck for options.

FollowupID: 832988

Follow Up By: Batt's - Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 01:06

Friday, Feb 06, 2015 at 01:06
Idler Chris that sounds like a bit of a poor excuse for not letting dogs into a park they can charge extra if you have a pet if they like it would be up to the individual park and listed in their tariffs. It would be more about the noise and some owners letting them crap anywhere. Also they don't pay fee's because a dog has nowhere to put it's wallet and how can a dog use electricity they couldn't use the A/C remote or sit up late watching the TV or turn lights on unless it's a guide dog. lol
FollowupID: 832999

Sponsored Links