Cooling Problem with Waeco RPD-215 Compressor Fridge

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 12, 2015 at 11:35
ThreadID: 111091 Views:8689 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Last year we bought a new caravan with a Waeco RPD-215 Compressor Fridge in it. While away on our holiday up north we found that the fridge wasn’t keeping the beer cold enough, and the outside temp didn,t go over 30 degrees, so did some tests to find out what the temperature readings were, and on setting 3 it was running at 6-7 degrees overnight. According to Dometic this fridge is suppose to have a “T” (Tropical) rating which should work efficiently up to 40 degrees temp. I was wondering if anyone else is having a problem with this model fridge?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gronk - Thursday, Feb 12, 2015 at 15:06

Thursday, Feb 12, 2015 at 15:06
Not trying to sound smart, but did you try it on setting 4 or 5 ??

I have a Waeco 110 ltr upright fridge and found they are fairly crap at temps over 35 deg, and also the thermostat is ordinary as well.

I have done a mod on mine....wired in a remote controller that has a probe in the fridge and I set it for 4 deg cutout and to come back on at 7 deg.......beers nice and cold now, where as before it would run for long periods, or not cut back in until the temps had gone up too much....because the thermostat is in the body of the fridge, not the inside..

Are you sure it's installed correctly ?? re ventilation etc ?
AnswerID: 545770

Reply By: Stone Stomper - Thursday, Feb 12, 2015 at 15:59

Thursday, Feb 12, 2015 at 15:59
If you find the Waeco won't turn on for a while they go into a defrost cycle, took me months to work out why and attached is how it works.

I also run mine on 4-5 during the day if warm and I also filled the sides of the fridge cavity with polystyrene also ding the top and back of fridge and found the fridge now holds -3 when it was 48deg outside.

Christian

[img]
[/img]
AnswerID: 545777

Sponsored Links