lift kit 75 series what more do I have to do???

Submitted: Saturday, May 11, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1113 Views:3751 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Intending to lift my HJ 75 '88 cruiser. Apart from 2" blocks what other adjustments are needed?........ fuel line, brake line, etc.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: royce - Saturday, May 11, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, May 11, 2002 at 00:00
no not answering myself..... I'm talking about a BODY lift kit ta all.
AnswerID: 3461

Follow Up By: Coops - Saturday, May 11, 2002 at 00:00

Royce The following is a list my brother and I compiled for a proposed lift to my 80 Series. He has already completed a 3" lift on his 60 Series. Fan / Radiator shroud Fan will be in a lower position to the radiator, shroud base may have to be splayed. Exhaust hangers-Some exhausts hang from the body, these may need extending. Steering Joints-Loosen both universal joints on the steering shaft. Gear shifters-Will be shorter and may clash with the hole in the floor. Fuel tanks-Check for effects of body movement. Brake lines-Check for effects of body movement. Clutch line-Check for effects of body movement. Throttle linkage / cable-Check for effects of body movement. Heater hoses-Check for effects of body movement. Wiring harness-Check for effects of body movement. Speedo cable-Check for effects of body movement. Hand brake cable-Check for effects of body movement. Spare wheel-Check for effects of body movement. Roo bar / headlights-Headlights will be higher and may cause glare. Water tanks-Inlet and outlets. Hardware required Nuts and Bolts-Longer high tensile bolts. Spacers-number required 12? Flashing-To keep fluid and mud out of engine bay and aesthetics. Happy Motoring
FollowupID: 1400

Reply By: Coops - Saturday, May 11, 2002 at 00:00

Royce
The following is a list my brother and I compiled for a proposed lift to my 80 Series. He has already completed a 3" lift on his 60 Series.
Fan / Radiator shroud Fan will be in a lower position to the radiator, shroud base may have to be splayed.
Exhaust hangers-Some exhausts hang from the body, these may need extending.
Steering Joints-Loosen both universal joints on the steering shaft.
Gear shifters-Will be shorter and may clash with the hole in the floor.
Fuel tanks-Check for effects of body movement.
Brake lines-Check for effects of body movement.
Clutch line-Check for effects of body movement.
Throttle linkage / cable-Check for effects of body movement.
Heater hoses-Check for effects of body movement.
Wiring harness-Check for effects of body movement.
Speedo cable-Check for effects of body movement.
Hand brake cable-Check for effects of body movement.
Spare wheel-Check for effects of body movement.
Roo bar / headlights-Headlights will be higher and may cause glare.
Water tanks-Inlet and outlets.

Hardware required
Nuts and Bolts-Longer high tensile bolts.
Spacers-number required 12?
Flashing-To keep fluid and mud out of engine bay and aesthetics.

Happy Motoring
AnswerID: 3462

Follow Up By: Royce - Sunday, May 12, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, May 12, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks for that info Coops. Just what I needed. My 'bus' is an Arkana conversion I'm dooing up. I've found a 150litre long range tank to sit under the back and am considering the lift to make fitting easier and clearance better. Thanks again Cheers Royce
FollowupID: 1407

Sponsored Links