Comment: Our Troopy Set-Up

Submitted: Monday, Aug 23, 2010 at 19:24
ThreadID: 112638 Views:1195 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi John & Val

Thanks for a great read and the opportunity to view your well set-up vehicle. Wow, a lot of thought has gone into it! I saw a great Troopy set-up at Camooweal in July when on tour through the Gulf Savannah, but they would do well to talk to you!

And they are works in progress, ‘The Landy’ is 15 years old, although has had a transplant (rebuild in 2006) and is servicing as well. We are currently in the process of fitting and wiring a 140 watt solar panel and two AGM deep cycle batteries. In fact your article on electricity was a great template for us.

Once again thanks….

Cheers, Baz, The Landy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 00:59

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 00:59
Hi Baz,

Thank you for your comments. As you say, it's always "work in progress". Our Troopy was pretty upset with being referred to as a "Clunker", and Julia's offer of $2000 if we'd upgrade at a cost of only 20 or 30 times that bribe!

Good luck with the solar setup. Sounds a good system, with ample storage and enough solar to keep you independent while ever the sun shines.

Cheers

John
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 547498

Sponsored Links