barges to south straddie?

Submitted: Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 19:34
ThreadID: 11264 Views:2829 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
hey does any 1 know of any barges to south straddie?? and is there any huge differences between nth ort sth?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jeffrey - Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 20:06

Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 20:06
Hi Chris 4x4,
I don'nt know if it has changed it's been a long time since I was last there, sth strady you get there by lauch,..it's small resort besides Tipplers tavern a channel on the eastern side and the ocean on the west...I mean theover way around. Nth strady... you get there by barge or should I say ship it's huge takes about 45 mins to do the crossing,nth strady is much larger bigger beaches more lagoons shops petrol stnn and of corse a pub..all the islands of morton bay are worth a look.the waters can be dangerous and weather changes quickly,..spring is good time to go not to hot not to cold.hope this helps.
All The Best In Health And Wealth
Jeffrey (AKA JD) Almost forgot the fishin is great
AnswerID: 50434

Reply By: Member Eric - Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 20:12

Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 20:12
do you need the barge for your car ? from what i remember you cannot drive on St straddy only Nt straddy
AnswerID: 50435

Reply By: chris 4x4 - Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 20:24

Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 20:24
hey thanks guys just checkin a few things out for my mates , planning a quick weekend get away with the boys and yes the barge was for the truck to get over but if ya cant ya cant, thanks for your help!
AnswerID: 50440

Follow Up By: Member - Nobby - Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 09:45

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 09:45
They are right, you are not allowed to take a vehicle on South Straddie( only ones there are from Couran Cove Resort). To get to North Straddie go to Clevland and pay approx $88 return. Barge to Moreton is considerably more ($130) I think. North Straddie has all the shops etc and is fast becoming the "Island Surfers Paradise". Also the Net fisherman go along Main Beach during the Mullet season and just about wipe out all fish in all gutters as some over there just shoot blind in the hope of getting something(that's another story). Straddie is a beautiful place, and deserves to be looked after.
FollowupID: 312298

Sponsored Links