phone aerials

Submitted: Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 22:19
ThreadID: 11270 Views:2105 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I know this topic has probably been flogged to death but can any one tell me whether the external aerials, dual purpose 6db, for cdma/csm phones are worth the expense or is the inbuilt aerial on the phone satisfactory...Have spoken to a couple of of tech types who recommend saving money by not purchasing one..Really only more clutter on a bull bar they reckon
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: macca - Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 22:51

Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 22:51
Hi Marklynn
I have one set up on the wagon and was the only one who had comms on a recent trip through the flinders. yes it is worth it, just gives that extra area of coverage. I run a cdma but picks up gsm too
Regards Allan Mc
AnswerID: 50462

Reply By: Member - Bob L - Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 22:52

Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 22:52
If your refering to RFI's CD1795 its now 6.5 Db and yes they work very well but all things are relative.

Bearing in mind that the biggest increase in signal can be achieved by getting out of the vehicle, your needs may not be the same as someone who's income and sanity relies on maximum coverage. So if you "Need" the coverage you will benefit from an antenna system which can increase signal strength from say 1 bar to 2 or 3 bars. If there is no signal then no antenna is going to help.

Regarding the internal antenna, keep your hand/fingers away from the top end of the phone (The pull out antenna does s.f.a.). and avoid leather cases with the metal belt clip as both detune said internal antenna and inhibit range.

Cheers
Bob L

AnswerID: 50463

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 00:57

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 00:57
Macca agree with you on the CDMA antenna and does wonders with a patch lead for the digital too if you want to use that one!!
AnswerID: 50477

Sponsored Links