Santa Fe Recovery Points

Submitted: Monday, Mar 15, 2004 at 22:30
ThreadID: 11271 Views:2955 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone had any experience with recovery points for the front of a Hyundai Santa Fe? Is it possible, cost involved & where (in Perth)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 02:15

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 02:15
if you have one can you take a pic of front chassis points and if any holes are there with a thread in two parallel.
link a pic or two to look at possibilities.
at the least there should be a towing point/shipping tie down?
AnswerID: 50483

Follow Up By: Bitsumishin - Mike A (WA) - Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 09:02

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 09:02
There are tie down points on both sides but ARB & others have said nowhere to add a rated recovery point. (Sorry no pics, the question wasn't for me personally)
FollowupID: 312293

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 17:42

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 17:42
Oh well if an ARB shop in perth said you can't do it then it must just be impossible.
BULL DUNG!
One thing I've learnt is that most 4wd shops in Perth are just way to happy to fobb you off it you don't have a patrol or landcruiser because it might actually take some common sense and a little thought to come up with a solution. I have resorted to doing most things to my 4wd's myself because of this constant problem. I'm in no way a mechanic or an engineer but I have learnt alot by myself and talking on forums such as this. If I can't do it because of a lack of tools or experince I take it to a mechanic (or as a last rersort a 4wd shop) and tell them how I WANT them to do it.
As mentioned above, show us a picture and let everyone have some input, there will be a way I'm sure.
AnswerID: 50551

Sponsored Links