Long range fuel tanks

Submitted: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1129 Views:4366 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I need some clarification regarding the comments made in the ExplorOz Equipment Feature about fuel tanks. One of the comments made is "We had no problems with the LongRange tank (note - NOT Long Ranger)......"
I am aware of the Long Ranger product, as supplied by, for example, ARB, but am unaware of the LongRange product. Does anyone have details? Can anyone provide constructive feedback on the Long Ranger product? Any other relevant information would be well received.
Thanks in anticipation
David Anderson - Western Australia
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wayne- Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00
David

A couple of months ago had a Long Range tank fitted to our 100 series. My 4wd mechanic recommended the Long Range one over the ARB Long Ranger. Not much difference in price.

To date no problems.

If you have a look on the exploroz website you will find a link to the manufacturer (http://www.longrangeautomotive.com.au) and a list of distributors.

Rgds

Wayne

AnswerID: 3527

Reply By: Chris - Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00

Try www.longrangeautomotive.com. for info on Longe Range tanks
AnswerID: 3528

Reply By: Allyn Cooper - Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00

David
I will be fitting a 190 Litre Long Range tank from 4WD Systems to my 80 series this weekend in readiness to tackle Gibb River & Kalumburu. Can get back to you upon my return if you like. WWW.4wdsystems.com.au if you wish to check out details and specifications. These guys have been able to offer me an extra 20 litres over and above the rest (285 litres i total) but specifically it was better in price overall and was able to be delivered to my door in Port Hedland basically freight free although I had to arrange the Perth to PH leg myself to keep it free. No dramas there. It's worth a look but if you live in a city then none of that will affect you
Good Luck
AnswerID: 3538

Reply By: Hilly - Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 00:00
David,
There is a mob out in Maddington called K & N fabrication that make tanks and have a display that you can look at. Worth a look if you live in Perth. I'm saving for one for my 80 series at the moment.
AnswerID: 3550

Sponsored Links