Terrano 2 Snorkel mod.

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004 at 22:44
ThreadID: 11311 Views:2225 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Does anybody know if a 2001 Bravo/Courier snorkel can be modified to fit a diesel Terrano 2? The angle & guard contour look very close to me.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: hoyks - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 17:48

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 17:48
A guy I know in Darwin had one done and I am pretty sure the answer is yes. I think you will have to relocate where the duct goes into the air cleaner and maybe use some flexible hose to join the snorkel to the air cleaner.

Give TJM in Townsville a call as I know they have done a few and can tell you what model number bits they used.

I have been meaning to do it to mine, but never got around to it (money always spent elsewhere) so let us know how you go.
AnswerID: 50712

Follow Up By: Shaker - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 20:46

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 20:46
Thank you, I will give them a call, & then post their answer in this thread. I have seen Hilux ones fitted but the angle is all wrong & they look pretty bad!
You might remember I previously posted that Airflow were keen to use my vehicle to make a pattern, but they were relying on 200 advance orders from Europe, but although Europe had been requesting snorkels for a long time, when the pressure was put on them, they would only advance order 50 units. So unfortunately for us, it wasn't a viable proposition for Airflow to tool up.
FollowupID: 312521

Reply By: hoyks - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 19:46

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 19:46
I wasn't real impressed with the finish of the Airflow units.
AnswerID: 51454

Follow Up By: Shaker - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 22:47

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 22:47
Maybe you weren't ... but beggars can't be choosers!
At least they were considering making one to suit our vehicles! They are a very efficient snorkel, I agree not the best in the looks dept, Airtec look great but their collector is very inefficient.
BTW, I was speaking to Airflow today & they will be tooling up shortly to make a generic snorkel that will fit a range of vehicles .. including ours!
I have again offered my vehicle to them, if they need it for any reason.
They say the new snorkel should be on the market inside 4 months.
I will keep you posted.
FollowupID: 313423

Sponsored Links