Cargo Barrier for VX Prado

Submitted: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1132 Views:1961 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have made enquiries for installation of the above and was told by Toyota that a cargo barrier can not be installed in a Grande due to the air con ducts in roof.
Has anyone else experienced this and overcome it? I would like to hear your feedback.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: JohnF - Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 00:00
Yes, I have the Grande, and been told the same, except for one difference. I've been told you can fit a standard cargo barrier behind the second row passenger seats, but NOT behind the FRONT seats. I find this useless, because I have 'chuck wagon' storage system in the back, so this would mean the standard cargo barrier is just in front of it, which is basically pointless since I have the chuck bolted to the floor.

I haven't enquired yet, but I see no reason why a 4WD outfit, couldn't make a modified cargo barrier, or modified fittings, to fit behind the front seat. I guess it would cost a bit more, but anything is possible when you throw money at it.
AnswerID: 3553

Reply By: Wayne - Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 00:00
I have asked Opposite Lock in Blacktown and they are checking it out for me. I will let you know how I go.
AnswerID: 3581

Sponsored Links