help pinnacle studio 8

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 17:30
ThreadID: 11329 Views:1588 Replies:8 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
afternoon all
does anybody use pinnacle studio (i think somebody was talking about it awhile ago ) i have studio 8 and have alot of it sussed out but am having a couple of problems .retailer where i bought package dosent seem to have the answers nor does there help line and i find it is easier to talk thru the problem rather than try to describe them in an email. i am in melb so if there is any body got this package up and running properly i would love to get in touch .my main use is to convert video (both digital and analogue ) to dvd

steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Fishin' Dave - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 18:52

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 18:52
I've shot, edited and output several small productions.
The first was using a Miro product (not Studio 8)
Then saw the light and changed set ups.
I now use Firewire for capture and Ulead Media Studio for editing and output and sometimes Cleaner for converting to a special requirement (CD / Internet etc).
My end products have been videos but am currently shooting in 16 x 8 for a DVD output.
I am fairly familiar with mini DV - My main camera is a Sony VX2000 although I used to shoot in SVHS.

Have done a little reading into the rendering for DVD - looks simple.

So I may or may not be of any use to you - email me and I'll help where I can.
nugget@ausfish.com.au

Dave >
AnswerID: 50723

Follow Up By: Midge - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 22:33

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 22:33
Hi all, does any one know off a program that will let you copy a DVD directly from dvd rom to dvd burner, I am new at this I am using MYDVD and I don't think it lets me do this. And in you opinions what is the easiest editting program to use.
FollowupID: 312549

Follow Up By: Stevo - Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 10:04

Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 10:04
Midge, commercially burnt dvds are CCS (content scramble system) encrypted in an attempt to prevent what you seek to do. There are lots of commercially available software packages around that will crack the CSS but there is also some excellent shareware available on the net.
A very good package is "DVD Decrypter" which will allow you to rip the DVD to your hard drive. before burning to a single layered 4.7 gig disk you will usually have to compress the ripped file to fit on the disk. Again, there are many software packages available and an excellent freeware package is "DVD Shrink".
The software I've mentioned is very user friendly and there are some excellent manuals available from several web sites.
Happy Ripping !!
FollowupID: 312583

Reply By: Member - Russell S - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 19:01

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 19:01
I used Studio8 for a while, but found it to be extremely flaky - crashed all the time, but maybe they've fixed that in later versions. I now use Lets Edit from Canopus - it produces an output in MPEG2 which I then author to DVD with Ulead DVD Movie Factory. Canopus have an office in Melb, and their experts/gurus work at my local computer shop on the weekends. No good to you is it! Happy to talk if you want, and I have a network that might be able to help, so you never know. If you want to contact, use my work email - russell.schoenfisch@defence.gov.au
AnswerID: 50725

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 21:14

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 21:14
I use it and a mate uses it, never had a problem yet.. Petes burned about 20 Home Movies to CD, he knows it well, hes about 10 mis from me.

what issues are you having???
AnswerID: 50760

Reply By: Voxson (Adelaide) - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 21:53

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 21:53
I am with Truckster.... I use version 8.5 and have had no hassles at all... Burnt heaps of dvds using firewire....... Sounds like you will get your answers here....
AnswerID: 50771

Reply By: Hero - Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 08:55

Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 08:55
I use Studio 8, Found heaps of problems at beginning when using AV jack, with sound and picture going their separate ways. Kept on Crashing and getting error messages with Send Error Reports. Re-installed it and bought DV cable, now I have no problems.
AnswerID: 50809

Reply By: landie - Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 11:20

Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 11:20
Gob

My experince with Studio 8 was woeful. Crashed constantly, tried the help desk and in the end I sent the product back and got a full refund, no questions asked. It is clear that the software is just full of holes. The Studio 7 worked much better. The fact that they willing refunded me tends to indicate that they acknowledge the product if faulty.

In the end I replaced it with a Ulead product and I've had no problems whatsoever.

The main problem I had was that when I went to render it simply "stopped". Up to that point it is a very user friendly program, however the main game is to output your product.

Landie
AnswerID: 50830

Reply By: GOB & denny vic member - Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 20:44

Thursday, Mar 18, 2004 at 20:44
goodday people
thanks for the answers truckster i think you are closest i will try to put down in writing what happens and send to you on member message tomorrow night
late night at work tonight so tomorrow . are you going to 4b meeting next week at greythorn. i will also try to send a copy to voxson may have to typeit twice

steve
AnswerID: 50946

Reply By: Nifty,, - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 18:00

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 18:00
Steve
There's a shop in Mulgrave in Melbourne called Videoguys.
They sell and set up quite a few different video editing systems and I've always found them to be most helpful.
Their website is http://www.videoguys.com.au and their number is 03 9560 2999.

Nifty1
AnswerID: 51601

Sponsored Links