ERPs and rust

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 18:40
ThreadID: 11491 Views:1541 Replies:7 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any experience dealing with the company that make ERPs?

About 18 months ago I had an 8 pad system put on my HJ60 (which was rust free @ the time) but now has the cancer and is beginning to spread. Before purchasing I did ring the company direct and they said that it would prevent rust growing/spreading but if rust was there, it would bring it 'out' - but wouldn't grow. Admittedly ithe rust is not huge, but significant enough for me to worry. I contacted the supplier and they have been very helpful but now I am trying to deal with ERPs - the company - and am getting the run around. The general feedback I am getting from them is '...it's on old car...can't help you...'

Any genuine advice?

Sparky
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: mcgra - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 20:52

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 20:52
hi sparky

i have just installed one on my 60 series.

they do state on the web site that it doesnt stop it but more slows it down.

i go over my car greasing and checking in the unusual places have found some before i installed it and have been continuing.

the main area for concern was my roof but have now decided that best to go for a strip and respray.

if you had it in writing about stopping rust you would be covered but i doubt they would of given you that.

whats more is can you prove the rust would of come through any slower.

i guess you can bat and ball with them all you like but i doubt they will give yoiu a refund or repair said rust.

but they might just send you some paint sealer and lanolin in good faith.

gra
AnswerID: 51638

Follow Up By: Member - Sparky (Brisvegas) - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 21:15

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 21:15
Thanks gra

A point you might consider before you respray is that they (ERPs)suggest you wait 12 months to allow any rust to come to the surface before painting...??

Sparks
FollowupID: 313374

Reply By: Eric Experience. - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 21:36

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 21:36
Sparky.
Sorry to the bearer of bad news but the erp system does not and can not work it is a snake oil job. The best we can make of the situation is to use it as a warning to others. Eric.
AnswerID: 51654

Follow Up By: Member - Sparky - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 22:38

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 22:38
thanks for the feedback...

Will let everyone know what the company does...most likely stuff all!

Ta
FollowupID: 313419

Reply By: Rosco - Bris. - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 21:48

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 21:48
Sparky

Sorry about the bad news ... I've none good to offer. Visited a web page some time ago ... can't remember the address, but basically claimed the system was useless .... unless the vehicle is constantly immersed in salt water.

It is used effectively on bridges and wharf pylons etc for this very reason ... you need the saline solution to complete the electrical circuit.

I know, I know ... there will be heaps of good honest folk out there telling me I don't know my arse from my elbow.

Just my opinion ... I reckon it's a heap of you know what and a con.
AnswerID: 51663

Follow Up By: Member - Sparky - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 22:37

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2004 at 22:37
Thanks anyway...
FollowupID: 313415

Reply By: rolande- Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004 at 06:46

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004 at 06:46
Sparky,
There was a post a little while ago explaining why these don't work on vehicles, article written by Dr. Karl Kryz*($%^, you know, the guy on the ABC. If you do a search you may find the link. Basically, dirt trapped between panels causes most problems and the ERP's and others cannot prevent this
Rolande
AnswerID: 51721

Follow Up By: Member - Sparky - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004 at 08:15

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004 at 08:15
I did the seaarch and read the article before posting my question on the forum, but it (the article) seemed to be describing a different system than ERPs...???

Thanks bud.

Sparky
FollowupID: 313461

Reply By: TOB - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004 at 17:04

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004 at 17:04
the principle it is supposed to work on is that of a boat motor with a sacrificial anode. This system works very well but as we do not drive under water 100% of the time it is a complete load of crap and cannot work. Don't waste your money.

TOB
AnswerID: 51796

Reply By: Glenno - Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004 at 23:10

Wednesday, Mar 24, 2004 at 23:10
I think everyone has missed the point. The system that is used for boats etc that uses the block of lead on theback of the boat is totally different to the capacitive couping system that ERPS & Counteract use.

Have a look at the technology that ERPS & Counteract use and then compare it to the other systems on the market, you will see the difference.

the capacity coupling system doesnt require the car to be imersed in water whereas the anode based system with the block of lead does.
AnswerID: 51867

Follow Up By: Member - Sparky - Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 00:15

Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 00:15
Thanks Glenno...

That is also my understanding. I spoke to ERPs today...the chap there has been extremely helpful and at this stage want to follow up on why the rust has occured. He also explained that the system is, as you said, based on different technology (coupling) as opposed to others...

Will let everyone know how it turns out...

Ta
FollowupID: 313638

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 11:22

Monday, Mar 29, 2004 at 11:22
Yeah check the archive for dr karl explanation, may work if constantly immersed in a electrolyte solution ( sea water etc.).

I had an interesting chat to one of the companies at a fourby show recently and was getting sold the amazing benifits and operation of the system, he was explaning how it puts a capacitance charge into the body etc.. I put the question to him how can it do this when the system is totally Closed curcuit ie. the body is constantly connected to the battery by the various earths and therefore cannot be at a higher potential voltage . Hmm no answer, but then tried to tell me about some other multi level marketed crappola . SNAKE OIL.. buyer beware.
AnswerID: 52381

Sponsored Links