UHF repeater status

Submitted: Thursday, May 16, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1151 Views:1657 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
http://www.exploroz.com.au/Interact/UHFRepeatersIndex.asp -- I notice that a lot of repeaters listed here have a 'unknown' status. Is there a more up-to-date list and/or a map of locations? Users can update the status and this would be helpful. I have a GME TX3200, is there a way of seeking a repeater in your vicinity ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bill - Friday, May 17, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, May 17, 2002 at 00:00
There are repeater location maps and location searches at http://www.tropinet.com/radio/repeaters.html
AnswerID: 3603

Follow Up By: Dennis_n - Saturday, May 18, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, May 18, 2002 at 00:00
Good Post Bill,

Have just had a look around the URL. Have seen similar before, but none as good as this one. If outback travellers would lonly keep updating this site we all would have a great resource to use. As it is it will be of great value to me in July when I go wandering again. enjoy the bush:)
FollowupID: 1492

Reply By: Bob - Friday, May 17, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, May 17, 2002 at 00:00
Colin, I guess you're new to UHF so I'll just run through the basics.
Just go through channels 1-9 and press the transmit button for each. If there is a repeater in range you will get a brief signal immediately after releasing the button. You won't hear anything but the signal strength meter will register a brief incoming signal. Alternately, repeaters transmit their call sign in morse code at intervals. If your radio is scanning it will pick these up. You've chosen the right brand!! I have the "top of the range" - the TX 4400 and it's a great set - out performs everything else on the market and I get some amazing distances with it!! The extra 20 channels on the TX 4400 (41-60) are the "cream on the cake" as they cover most police and emergency services ... and even some taxi and bus services in country areas.
AnswerID: 3636

Reply By: AC - Saturday, May 18, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, May 18, 2002 at 00:00
Bob its channels 1-8. You will not recieve a response from a repeater if your radio is in simplex mode (after a transmission). To access a repeater yor radio must be in duplex mode. As along as your in range you will always hear the repeater no matter what mode you are in. But like Bob said scanning is the best way to tell.
AnswerID: 3639

Sponsored Links