Comment: Maralinga Trip <span class="highlight">Wildflowers</span> - August 2012

Hi Stephen,
As usual a good read.
Great photos and interesting information about the deserts. We are planning a 6 month trip across the Nullarbor to the west and then Northern Territory from next April and I can't wait!
Also interesting to see you now have a Nikon D7000 as that is what I upgraded to around 12 months ago when I sold my Pentax DSLR. I love it for so many reasons and have been using a Tamron 18-270mm lens as it is so versatile and I only have to carry the one lens when I am walking. I have been considering adding a Macro lens to my collection. Your 60 mm Nikon seems to do a good job. Would you recommend it?
regards,

Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:16

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:16
Hi Heather

Thank you for the kind words, you have great Blogs as well. We love it over on the Nullarbor, there is so much to see if you can take the time to get off of the main Eyre Highway.

Like you I upgraded to the Nikon around 12 months ago also, and so far very happy with the results. As for the Macro lens, I have not regretted buying one, as many of the flowers are quite small, with sizing of 5 mm and smaller not uncommon. With such small flowers, I could never get close enough with the standard lens, but with the dedicated Macro, it is never an issue. The only problem that I also have is trying to keep the flower still when taking the photos. As you are so close in and often it is quite windy, I usually take a few images just to make sure the flower has not moved when I release the shutter and get an out of focus image - well it works most of the time.

You will have a fantastic time away and see some unreal country.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 548637

Sponsored Links