Idea for Explore OZ web site - "wedding list"

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:43
ThreadID: 11540 Views:1906 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
While discussing 'who takes what' for our next trip away over a few reds last week we came up with an idea for what may be a useful tool for users as well as an opportunity for Explore OZ to get additional revenue.

I would be interested to see if anyone else thinks the below is a good idea.

The usual problems in deciding what to take are food, not enough or too many things like compressors, camp ovens, stoves etc. The usual solution for us is to get together at a pub and make a list. The problem is getting everyone there at the same time.

There are many Wedding list sites where you can make a list of gifts and have friends log on and reserve gifts to give you.

Similarly if Explore Oz set up a section where groups going away could make a list of items required for the trip then for each item have a qty field for each member of the group going away. Each member could add the qty that they will bring.

It might look something like

Item Jim Harry Anne
Table 1 1
Beer 24 36 22
Camp Stove 1
Camp oven ( large) 1

etc

Ideally the site could send email updates to each member when there is an update by anyone and could be saved as a starting point for future trips away.

The upsides to Explore OZ are that they get stickyness to the site, more members(?) the opportunity to advertise, and could allow insertion of items from the shop to be purchased. Maybe at the person that sets it up should be a paid up member too.

Just an idea.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Boobook - Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:46

Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:46
The web site removed the spaces for the list example. It is meant to show qty numbers for each item under the appropriate name.

BTW if any one knows of such a site it would be welcomed.
AnswerID: 51910

Reply By: Member - George (WA) - Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 14:38

Thursday, Mar 25, 2004 at 14:38
Looks like a worthwile idea to me.
I have the same problem when I organise a group trip
As long as all in the group have access to the internet.
Hopefully David will give it some consideration

Cheers
AnswerID: 51915

Sponsored Links