Help with Oziexplorer

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 14:02
ThreadID: 11627 Views:1553 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
I posted to the Yahoo OE group but no-one has responded to my question.

I had a system crash and had to reload................everything.

I put on my copy of OE [Registered] and the NATMAP Raster 2003 Mapsheets and then went back in to load up maps. I can access all the normal maps but when I go to look at the index maps there is nothing. It just shows a blank screen.

There is a file called Index Maps. It sits on the same level of the folder tree as the Maps file. [Directly above the Maps file in fact]. When searching for the maps the path is c:\oziexplorer\maps

The data path is c:\oziexplorer\data.

Neither of these paths would normally access the index map but when I go to open the index map it goes to the right folder and just shows the Australia Index.map file but there is nothing else there to be loaded. I tried putting a file in there that is just a map of Australia [political] but then the Index squares are way off the map and too the left side of it.

There is a file in the Index Maps folder called Australia Index.map and it is 4KB in size. There used to be a second map called Austrialia Index.jpg That map is gone and is no longer on my system at all [I did the search].

On the basis that I only ever loaded these same two programs before to use OE I am assuming that the file is here somewhere but not gone where it is supposed to. I have dumped and reloaded the two programs 3 times but with no success. I am using original discs so nothing has changed.

If I use OE and start to look at the last loaded map I can then navigate through the whole of Australia 1 map at a time. If I want to get from the Perth map straight to one in Queensland the only way I can do it at the moment is to guess a map name or move to the spot one map at a time.

I hope this reads less confusing than it sounds.

How do I get the Index map back where it should be. Help!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter (York) - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 14:20

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 14:20
Sorry cant help with index map loss but I would recomend going to Ozi site and email them for help normally repies are within 24 hrs ,have you got Search by name this can be downloaded from the Ozi chat group files (free) I use it more than the index map
AnswerID: 52285

Reply By: Mad Dog Morgan (Victoria) - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 14:35

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 14:35
Phew, ok I think I got it .You have the calibration file in the index maps directory but you do not have the actual image file, This is the file that has gone missing. Find this file, put it in the index maps directory and all will be well. Otherwise download another index map and calibration file from the files section of the yahoo group.
AnswerID: 52288

Follow Up By: Moneypit - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 15:46

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 15:46
MDM,

I went to that site but I can not find any Index map for Aust at all.

Indulge me if you will and write out the link for me so that I can see exactly where it is.

I have found the files area but I can't identify an index and calibration match.

Dave
FollowupID: 314100

Follow Up By: Mad Dog Morgan (Victoria) - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 16:11

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 16:11
Dave, in the files root directory download "Australia_full150_map.zip"
and "australia_full150.png" put both in the index maps directory. You'll have to unzip the zip file of course. If it's all too hard Dave send me your email address and I'll send you the index map I use. In actual fact that may be the better way to go, if I recall correctly that map on the yahoo site is pretty big.
FollowupID: 314102

Follow Up By: Mad Dog Morgan (Victoria) - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 16:24

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 16:24
Dave, the other option is on the oziexplorer site, click on maps, there are two maps of Aust that come with the .map file.
FollowupID: 314105

Follow Up By: Moneypit - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 18:25

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 18:25
Mad Dog,

Appreciate whatever you can send.

duxnutz2003@yahoo.com

Thanks

Dave B
FollowupID: 314107

Follow Up By: Mad Dog Morgan (Victoria) - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 18:56

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 18:56
Done
FollowupID: 314109

Follow Up By: Moneypit - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 23:36

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 23:36
Got it and all worked again. Thanks very much.

EO worked quicker than any other place..................again.

Thanks

Dave
FollowupID: 314133

Reply By: Member - KG (QLD) - Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 14:39

Sunday, Mar 28, 2004 at 14:39
ummm i'm a little confused but i'll have a guess at what i think the problem is...
you just need to downloaad and install the ozi map files for the natmap cd's
get them here... http://216.218.220.254/eng/aussie.html

this will give you back all the files ozi needs to understand the formatting of the natmap maps.

hope this helps

cheers,

KG
AnswerID: 52289

Sponsored Links