Comment: Ian G5

Submitted: Friday, Mar 07, 2014 at 18:33
ThreadID: 116417 Views:950 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Ian.

I have had a Cobb Cooker for about 5 years and they are great. Mainly I use mine to cook roasts (Chicken, Lamb, Beef etc) as well as cakes and scones.

I always use the Cobb stones (Fuel) except if I am cooking scones on their own. 6 heat beads is enough for scones. The Cobb Stones last around 90 minutes which is plenty of time to cook a roast for 2, including all the vegies. There is one word of caution and that is to cook out of the breeze. If it is windy, you need to set up a wind break otherwise your meal will cook extremely slowly or not at all on the "up wind" side.

I also have a small camp oven which will fit inside the cobb and sit on the fire basket. This is great for cooking casseroles and some deserts. It will also fit on top of the normal cooking plate under the dome although I did have to buy the dome extension. I cannot remember how much that cost but it was not that dear. The camp oven can them be used to cook your roast and it is much easier to clean than the cobb cooker.

The cook book that comes with the Cobb says to put water in the moat. I have tried this and it does not make much, if any, difference but give it a try.

Other than that, just use it to cook anything you would normally cook in your normal oven at home. Experiment away and you will not be disappointed.

Regards,

Michael

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: IAN G5 - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:23

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:23
Hi Michael Thanks for your comments. Our cooking is usually done on fire outside but becomes hard at times with fire wook and fire restrictions. I guess it will be trial and error with our Cobb. Ian
AnswerID: 549098

Sponsored Links