Comment: Back to the North

I can see by the pix, yr all havin a fine time, indeed. Good on ya!
I was at the Rock, 20 yrs ago, mid-Feb. HOT AS...! Couldn't get myself out of bed at 3am, like my companion, to do the European spiritual thing and CLIMB it. Rangers would " close access" by 10am then, cos of the powerful radiant heat. No, I "rocked up" after breakfast, for a stroll round it, having organised a driver to come and collect me. Awesome, never forget first impression, from an Ansett plane window. Yr heart jumps to yr throat. Walking round it the next day, the heat (& flies) also unforgettable ;-) I had the net round the face and the climbing gloves on , trying to ward off both.
Dinner outside, with Lady Dingo hanging round the Barby, was another reminder this was unfamiliar territory.
One of these days, I hope to pay another visit. Heart of Australia that few Aussies see , smell & feel
Lap up the sun, you three!
Ave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Russell E3 - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:24

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:24
Weathers great-about 29, walked around Rock this morning 10.6 km- stuffed as it was so hot and we started at 8 am. This whole area and history is fascinating, even more so further north you go, pity many Aussies don't see it but instead go to Bali and the like
AnswerID: 549164

Sponsored Links