Comment: Back to the North

I can see by the pix, yr all havin a fine time, indeed. Good on ya!
I was at the Rock, 20 yrs ago, mid-Feb. HOT AS...! Couldn't get myself out of bed at 3am, like my companion, to do the European spiritual thing and CLIMB it. Rangers would " close access" by 10am then, cos of the powerful radiant heat. No, I "rocked up" after breakfast, for a stroll round it, having organised a driver to come and collect me. Awesome, never forget first impression, from an Ansett plane window. Yr heart jumps to yr throat. Walking round it the next day, the heat (& flies) also unforgettable ;-) I had the net round the face and the climbing gloves on , trying to ward off both.
Dinner outside, with Lady Dingo hanging round the Barby, was another reminder this was unfamiliar territory.
One of these days, I hope to pay another visit. Heart of Australia that few Aussies see , smell & feel
Lap up the sun, you three!
Ave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Russell E3 - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:24

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:24
Weathers great-about 29, walked around Rock this morning 10.6 km- stuffed as it was so hot and we started at 8 am. This whole area and history is fascinating, even more so further north you go, pity many Aussies don't see it but instead go to Bali and the like
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 549164

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)