Comment: Weeds and Travellers

John & Val,

Good read, and helps make us all aware of what's out there.

"Weeds and Problem Plants of the Channel Country" is a glove box sized guide that is useful for travellers, bushies and other interested folk. Compiled by Rhondda Alexander, it was originally funded by Channel Landcare Group and Georgina-Diamantina Catchment Committee. Linda & I still have a few copies left which are FREE, while Desert Channels Queensland, in Longreach Qld, has the new edition which is $5.00, or $8.00 posted.

Not trying to push it, but would be a worthwhile asset to have while travelling.

Thanks,
Bob
Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:25

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:25
Thanks Bob, your Landcare publication sounds like a very useful one for anyone travelling in the area. Members could send you a MM perhaps or maybe you could post contact details for Desert Channels. I do hope landcare can survive the current budget costs - I was involved with landcare and catchmment management for many years and at a number of levels - so much inspirational work was done, you had to wonder why any government would suddenly want to throw spanners into the works - it happened so often, although the latest budget cuts seem pretty dire.
Cheers,
Val.
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 549218

Sponsored Links