Comment: Travelling with your camera.

I would also suggest that carrying a tripod might help you get some creative shots that would otherwise not be possible. A laptop is an item that I wouldn't get far without as once that memory card fills up I need a means to transfer the images to a hard drive. It also allows me to edit and post on the go. An excellent place for sharing travel pics is a Facebook site called Australian landscapes, nature and wildlife. The range there varies from absolutely spectacular to beginners. My main interest is video but I still snap a few shots along the way. A recent example of my video http://youtu.be/h6V1Uwwc6Yo
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:25

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:25
Yes Rod. Excellent points. I had intended including some remarks about using a tripod but as I progressed I realised that it was getting another step away from the message I was trying to convey - that the camera can be a great help in learning to observe. I'd also intended mentioning something else regarding a tripod and remote release that's generally overlooked - our camera may be rated at 10 or 20 megapixels but any movement while the shutter is open (or the electronic equivalent!) obviously smears the image over lots of pixels. I wonder how often we actually get anything approaching the resolution stated in the brochure. Routinely converting to .jpg doesn't help here either.

Yes again to a laptop, also now that memory is so cheap, plenty of spare memory cards.

Thank you for pointing out the Facebook group - I have used the Yahoo site but wasn't aware of the Facebook group. I haven't managed to access the youtube link - is it correct?

Thank you for your interest

Cheers

John

J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 549227

Sponsored Links