Comment: testing, testing

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 02, 2014 at 13:01
ThreadID: 116701 Views:975 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I love it, if it died, I would get another one.

Its not everyones cup of tea, but it does what I need. I use it as a support and tow vehicle, for either the van or camper trailer. Its rigged with solar, batteries, an 80 lt fridge, a 125 lt freezer, 100 lt of water, and 350 lt of fuel. Plus camping gear, and all the camera equipment. So where ever we go we have to outdoorsy woodsy stuff with us. We often leave the van and just take the truck to the waterhole. We need to get remote, away from people to get the bird photos, so its good for that, very capable when the going gets rough. The chassis is designed to twist when the wheel travel runs out, and that makes it able to keep its tyres on the ground, works well.
I have a Landcruiser ute, v8, 2012 as well and it hasn't left the shed since I bought this ha ha. Recently we went up to some remote sections of the cape,, also to the Einsleigh/Reedybrook area, no problems.
I would recommend it to anyone having troubles with GVM, anyone towing, or anyone who is a 4wd nut. But anyone old, frail, weak, as its a long way to fall once you are up in it. Also not for the budget conscious, but I spose no 4wd'ing is, really. You are pioneering in a sense, and every mod is costly.
You read like a man who loves his rig as well, I like the way you have set up the "Landy" and that you get out and use it.
Jim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links