Comment: SAX on SAX OFF ( Suspension replacement ) 2013 D-Max

Thank you for your blog. I am in the process of deciding on a suspension upgrade for my new BT50. The brand you have been dealing with in your blog were on my list for consideration. Your experience, coupled with that of a mate in Brisbane, has undoubtedly saved me grief, as they are now off the list.
Hope you get it all sorted.
Cheers

Frank
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: allein m - Sunday, Apr 05, 2015 at 15:34

Sunday, Apr 05, 2015 at 15:34
There is so many products out there for a motor car and so many statements from manufacturers telling you this is the best thing since sliced bread and most fail in the end but some do work

The hard part is working out which one does work so thanks for your report

I r ember some time ago Peter Brock came out with some new device to make the car work better and got on the wrong side of many Holden engineers I forgot what is was called some thing in the engine bay

but this it typical of many products where the person who invents or finds the product says it is the best
AnswerID: 552034

Follow Up By: TomH - Sunday, Apr 05, 2015 at 15:39

Sunday, Apr 05, 2015 at 15:39
It was called a Polariser and it worked

It Polarised GM into terminating their agreement with him

The Energy Polariser was said to contain crystals and a magnet which was claimed to align the molecules of the car. However, it could not be independently validated by Holden engineers in Australia or Detroit.

Is up there with the Hiclone and others
FollowupID: 837584

Reply By: Isuzumu - Monday, Apr 06, 2015 at 13:21

Monday, Apr 06, 2015 at 13:21
We have now done 70K on our Sax suspension and not one problem, done the GRR and Gulf in 2013 and have been towing our 2.5 ton van for 20K since then. We are doing the GRR again this year as I have the great confidence in this suspension. Also the best ride you could ever have. What you may need to ask the guys who fitted their own "did they tighten the nuts and bolts up after a couple hundred Ks" as stated in the warranty. At every service I have them checked as well, we would carry a constant 400 Kg and the ball weight is around 200 Kg. So it is not like they are not getting a good work out.
AnswerID: 552059

Follow Up By: Kanga1 - Wednesday, Apr 08, 2015 at 09:39

Wednesday, Apr 08, 2015 at 09:39
Hi Bruce, with 400-600kgs load in your tub, the ride would be a big improvements over standard, regarding 'tightening the bolts' at around a thousand kms (blacktop) I asked John Molnar at Sax for the torque numbers for all the rear assembly and the Spring retaining nut on the struts and was told F^##*ng tight.
Neither of my torque wrenches have a setting for that, so I found out through Isuzu (eventually) the torques for factory suspension hardware and went from there, I even went to the extreme of buying new genuine nuts and bolts that hold the two sections of the top wishbones together ( the four 12mm ones in each, could have been a bit meatier IMHO).
Over the time the Blog has been up I have had number of people contact me with their experiences with this product and have seen quite a few pictures of a variety of components failing, a couple of which were almost catastrophic.
The quality of steel used in the springs and mounting hardware appears questionable from pictures/correspondence received from others, and close examination of my own snapped leaf ( see for yourself in the Blog picture ) it looks as though the spring shattered. The only explanation for the rear Shock absorbers is that they are simply not up to the job, completely unable to cope with the rear spring rebound, I put a link to Youtube in my Blog for undercar footage which pretty graphically demonstrates my point.
Hopefully your parts were made from better quality recycled steel from the factory in India, and give you all that you had asked for and more. Happy trails. Kanga.
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 837713

Follow Up By: Isuzumu - Wednesday, Apr 08, 2015 at 14:57

Wednesday, Apr 08, 2015 at 14:57
Yes Kanga can only tell people my side of the story.
FollowupID: 837731

Follow Up By: Slow one - Wednesday, Apr 08, 2015 at 15:54

Wednesday, Apr 08, 2015 at 15:54
Frank,
Kings and Dobinsons both make good springs for this country and I have also had a great run with Ultimate springs.
FollowupID: 837733

Sponsored Links