Flares for 2010 landcruiser workmate

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 25, 2015 at 15:50
ThreadID: 117618 Views:2432 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I am wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm wondering if there are aftermarket flares to put on my workmate ute?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Saturday, Apr 25, 2015 at 16:57

Saturday, Apr 25, 2015 at 16:57
I wanted some flares for my '02 model, and wasm't interested in the bulky fibreglass ones supplied by Toyota on the GXL models.

Went to TJM in Mt Isa, and they had rubber flares, 35 mm & 65 mm, in kits. Sorry can't remember the cost but was about $100, or bit more.

Just cut to length, and they are screwed on with some self drilling screws. When fitting, leave them a bit longer, as you can always trim them, after fitting. There's a length of high tensile wire in the kit too, to provide stiffness on the outer edge. You may need to lubricate this with snake's p!ss, or Teflon spray, to make it easier to slide into the outer edge.

Have had them on the ute for 7-8 years and they haven't broken, torn or been ripped off. Done a bit of mud work in that time, as well as a fair bit on station roads.

If you've got constant mud, I'd go for the 65 mm kit. I've got 35 mm and they are maybe a little narrow, but still stop a lot of that mud that flicks up as you're on right or left lock.


Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 552918

Follow Up By: Fab72 - Sunday, Apr 26, 2015 at 09:37

Sunday, Apr 26, 2015 at 09:37
Agree with Bob.
They're called Flexy (or Flexi) flares.
Ebay is your friend. You'll need 6m to do 4 wheel arches.
Some sellers sell it as 2x3m lots, others as a single 6m lot.
This place has a 6m lot for $65.

Flares.....not the type you wore in the 60's

FollowupID: 838672

Reply By: Member - skipper1 - Saturday, Apr 25, 2015 at 17:13

Saturday, Apr 25, 2015 at 17:13
Hi I experienced a similar thing with my old FJ75 ute and sourced a flared rubber strip (purchase by the metre) with a steel reinforcing wire from Clarke rubber. It worked a treat.
AnswerID: 552919

Follow Up By: farmer jay - Saturday, Apr 25, 2015 at 17:33

Saturday, Apr 25, 2015 at 17:33
Thanks guys, I will check that out and hope to keep some mud off!

FollowupID: 838640

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)