How do I find who has viewed my EOTrackMe Tracks

I use Windows PC Version of EOTrackMe and OziExplorer. Unfortunately I get too many GPS conflicts to run in "integrated mode" so I simply upload my daily track recordings from OziExplorer.
I have applied a key to my tracks and only sent the link/password to a few friends but I notice that some of my tracks have had as many as 48 views.
How can I find who has viewed my tracks?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 16:19

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 16:19
Chris,

Firstly I am curious about the GPS conflicts and would like to work to resolve this. I have not had this reported directly to me so I have no idea what is happening. Can you enlighten me as to what happens?

As for the views - I think you are looking at the count for the User Treks which are not the same as the EOTrackMe. As you are doing a daily upload this goes to User Treks and not EOTrackMe - there is not EOKey is the User Treks system as it is not live reporting in that system so I never installed EOKey in there.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 553638

Follow Up By: Member - Chris W27 - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 07:57

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 07:57
Hi David, I use a Dell netbook and Windows XP with a usb GPS. I have tried to use EOTrackMe in integrated mode but when I start up, one or the other applications reports a communication error. I currently have OziExplorer set to auto-start when the netbook boots, if I then start EOTrackMe, one of the following occurs.
In integrated mode a second instance of OziExplorer is launched, I may or may not get a conflict, but ultimately EOTrackMe will stop recording.
If I have integrated mode disabled, I definitely get a conflict.
I did try try auto-start of EOTrackMe instead of OziExplorer, unfortunately I cannot remember why that was unsuccessful.
One thing that puzzles me is why EOTrackMe has to record its own track when OziExplorer is already recording. Why can't the OziExplorer track be used as the data source much the same way as I currently load user tracks.
I am keen to work with you to resolve the issue hopefully before I get home in about 10 days time
Chris
FollowupID: 839559

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 10:05

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 10:05
Chris,

Firstly in integrated mode you DO NOT start OziExplorer first. The Integration starts it for you it also starts triggers Ozi to start Moving Map. So all you should have to do is enable Integration and then setup Auto Start start on EOTrackMe. Then open EOTrackMe and everything will be running correctly.

If you open Ozi first it takes control of the USB/Serial port and then EOTrackMe cannot get to it - hence the conflict.

There are not two records made with EOTrackMe the only recorded data is within OziExplorer as you expect. EOTrackMe takes data as required based on distance/time filters that you setup in the app and puts these into a special file for managing the transfers to the tracking servers.

So all you need to do is stop starting Ozi first and use EOTrackMe to control the start of Ozi and you will use the system as normal. In fact with EOTrackMe starting Ozi it is easier as you do not even have to push the start MM button in Ozi all done for you just by opening EOTrackMe in integrated mode.

Have a go with this and let me know how you get on.
David.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 839565

Follow Up By: Member - Chris W27 - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 14:36

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 14:36
Hi David, I have reconfigured my netbook to auto-start EOTrackMe in integrated and minimised mode. OziExplorer does start as you say it should but moving map is not activated even though EOTrackMe says it is.
If I try to start MM, I get an OziExplorer message "Error opening com port"
I aassume that my MM icon would display if MM was active
Thanks
Chris
FollowupID: 839578

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 16:29

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 16:29
Chris,

Did you give it a chance to acquire - if MM is running you will see little status messages appearing in the bottom LHS corner. I till say msg and a few other status will move. The GPS acquire may take 30 secs or so before you appear on the map.

You cannot start MM from Ozi as the EOTrackMe will control it. It should be running. Have a look at the NMEA data log it should show the NMEA data coming in from the GPS.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 839591

Follow Up By: Member - Chris W27 - Friday, May 15, 2015 at 14:55

Friday, May 15, 2015 at 14:55
David,
I have reloaded the driver for my USB GPS, checked all my windows updates (except dot net), rebooted, restarted, cancelled all program auto-start and now start EOTrackMe manually in integrated mode. Unfortunately I still get errors.

"The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request."

"Communications failure - Cannot read data from GPS."

When OziExplorer starts, it also loads my Camps waypoints and my planned track as well as my historical track. Is it possible there is a conflict between what OziExplorer is doing and what EOTrackMe wants it to do? I ask this because after I clear the error messages, I restart tracking in EOTrackMe and all is good. Moving Map works fine. Sometimes I may have to restart tracking more than once, but eventually it all works.

On a possibly related topic, when I reloaded the GPS driver, I also reinstalled the companion program GPS Info. This program displays the NMEA sentences and also gives a visual display of active satellites. My GPS is in Com port 5.

I have just now stopped tracking in EOTrackMe and initiated a scan of GPS Ports, the final message is "Completed GPS Port Scanner - Device found - False"

If I re-enter COM5 as my GPS Port in EOTrackMe and click "Start Tracking" everything works fine and MM starts up also.

It is all very strange :-(

Chris

FollowupID: 839671

Reply By: Member - Jim B8 - Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 20:44

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 20:44
and you care who looks where you go because?
AnswerID: 553652

Follow Up By: Member - Chris W27 - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 08:04

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 08:04
I appreciate you may not understand my reasons, you don't need to. Thanks for taking the time to read the thread.
FollowupID: 839560

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 10:09

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 10:09
I feel the same Chris
FollowupID: 839566

Follow Up By: Crusier 91 - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 12:45

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 12:45
Member - Jim B8 replied:

Highly unlikely but possible:
Thieves monitoring whereabouts, your home is empty when touring.
Thieves monitoring whereabouts, plotting a carjacking on your 4wd.
FollowupID: 839572

Follow Up By: Crusier 91 - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 12:49

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 12:49
Member - Jim B8 replied:

Highly unlikely but possible:
Tax man chasing debt.
Private investigator monitoring your movements.
The list is endless if you have something of value or something to hide.
FollowupID: 839573

Follow Up By: Member - Chris W27 - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 14:07

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 14:07
Jim B8, you can speculate as much as you like, the fact is you will never know :-)
FollowupID: 839574

Follow Up By: Member - Jim B8 - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 14:11

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 14:11
I turn it off if I don't want to be tracked, or use the security code the program offers.
But everyone's situation is different and I am ok with that
FollowupID: 839575

Sponsored Links