Oziexplorer for Andriod query

G'day guys,

Hopefully this doesn't sound like a broken record but I'm looking at this for my Samsung tablet. Having looked at the past posts and queries I remain unclear how I make this happen. I know my advancing years is making this more challenging but I'm of the understanding that I need to obtain Ozi android from Ozi direct but when I look there it has a very strong qualification that I will also need the full CD version to get the full functionality.

So I get my App/software from them? And then obtain a full version from EO if I want to, is that the process?

Thanks in advance to those that clear this up for me to have happy mapping.

Kind regards
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 14:38

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 14:38
Hello

1: Yes you get the Oziexplorer Android app from the OziExplorer website. Instructions on the help pageHERE

You need to pay $25 to register the program to your device to get it out of demo mode.

2: The recommendation is to also get the PC version of OziExplorer. You can also download that from the Ozi websiteHERE. This gets you the Trial and Demo Versions of the PC version of OziExplorer which has more/different capabilities/functions than the Android version but you dont necessarily need it. The PC version and Android version work independently of each other. They do compliment each other but depends heavily on what you plan on doing.

Again you can then pay some money (via Ozi Website) to get a registered PC version which takes the program out of free trial/demo mode (read Ozi website for limitations of unregistered version of both android and PC versions).

You can also buy the PC version of Ozi on CD from EO website - but you are skipping the free download trial/demo option here (as mentioned - available from Ozi Website) and getting the registered version direct i.e. cash up front. You may only need the (free) trail/and or demo version of PC Ozi...again depends what you intend on doing.

Suggest you start with Registered Android version + Free Demo/Trial PC version and see how you go.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 553696

Reply By: Member - Des Lexic - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 14:40

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 14:40
Gday Beatit, i have been using Ozi Android for a number of years and it works well. You need to go to the OziExplorer website and download the Android version. Follow the instructionsfrom there and it will happen. It might take a bit of straining the grey matter but it works. You don't need the full CD version to make it work.
Cheers Des
AnswerID: 553697

Reply By: Charlie - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 17:11

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 17:11
Ideally you would have both versions however you can now purchase both maps and waypoints in suitable format for Android so its not absolutely essential. The OZF4 maps load directly in OZI for PC as well so its not a drama purchasing just one program first up.
AnswerID: 553705

Sponsored Links