Pingin station

Submitted: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 08:40
ThreadID: 117858 Views:2335 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone being east of pingin station past mulga rock out to officer basin. Nippon hwy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - sparra - Friday, May 15, 2015 at 10:05

Friday, May 15, 2015 at 10:05
G'day Mark, i am pretty sure a member on here,equinox has been through that way,check out his blogs. i have been out to pinjin but veered left up past mt celia,lake carey to laverton.

cheers, sparra
no good being the richest man in the cemetry

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 553777

Reply By: Member - Mark H34 - Friday, May 15, 2015 at 11:27

Friday, May 15, 2015 at 11:27
Thanks sparra will check it out
AnswerID: 553785

Reply By: equinox - Friday, May 15, 2015 at 19:32

Friday, May 15, 2015 at 19:32
Hi Mark,

Been out way a few times, only once though past Mulga Rock. That was in 2006 and the track followed pretty much what it is on the maps. It was an easy track then and I made it in the original cruiser ute tyres with no punctures.

2010, I went the way Sparra mentioned, north of Pinjin.

2012, east just after Pinjin a new wide mining road came before me, so I followed this to the PNC Baseline Road. I didn't really even bother to check for the old track when I would have past it. Then on to Officer Basin, the spring and the Connie Sue.

Here's the plotfile to the spring and Streich Mound from Officer Basin

Nice country out that way, out to Plumridge Lakes and the Connie Sue.

Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 553809

Reply By: Idler Chris - Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 21:16

Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 21:16
I led a group from the Connie Sue through that area to Leonora last year. It was so interesting on my way home to Melbourne I went from Kalgoolie through Pinjin, Mulga Rockhole, Lake Minigwal, Officer Basin, Argus corner, Queen Victoria Spring, Cundeelee to Zanthus and along the railway line to Deakin. I know a bloke who built mining roads and other things in that area some 30 odd years ago and he has given we some old photo's which I was trying to find where they were taken. Unfortunately when I was last there, there were bush fires everywhere and I was told to get out. I expect to get back there, hopefully next year. THe PNC Camp Site is currently occupied by Vimy Resources who are looking into uranium mining. Vimy Resources is their name from 16 Dec 2014 it was previously Energy and Minerals Australia Ltd when your there you may see EAMA signs. A big change to the area is a major road put in which start just south of Pinjin and goes to the Tropicana Gold Mine. Its on very few maps as it is a private road but huge road trains are constantly travelling up and down it. If you want to know more just give me a ring, 03 9584 6292. Chris Smith.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 553849

Sponsored Links