Picked up our Trak shak!

Submitted: Monday, Apr 05, 2004 at 22:54
ThreadID: 11851 Views:2596 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hey all, I picked up our Trak Shak CT on Saturday from the show, and I have to say the quality of work is just fantastic, and they really have put some thought into these CT’s.

Its set up in the backyard, weathering. We have also taken it down and put it back up a few times to get used to it and I have to say so far it’s fantastic, we can fair dinkum have it totally set up in 6 minutes…that’s the 2 of us setting it up, and not rushing at all, we got the extra room underneath so that’s made it a little more complicated as we leave it attached as we put it away.

We are supposed to be going away for a week soon to work out the bugs before we do any real trips but Vic roads has slowed things down a little with trying to get it booked in for an examination.

I also wanted to thank Peter and Mark from Trak Shak for all their help, they put on the LED lights I wanted after removing the old style lights and the workmanship is flawless, and thanks for letting me pick up the CT on Saturday afternoon even though I’d arranged for it to be used during the whole show to save on shipping.

They shipped it separately at their own expense, because of the LED changes it meant the CT wasn’t ready to go with the others on their trailer, so they had it worked on while they made the trip over last Monday and then had it shipped over on Thursday so our holiday plans wouldn’t be thrown into disarray. We really appreciate it, and all the service from everyone involved, especially all the help and advice on Sat. So anyone considering a CT definitely put these on your list

Thanks to all who answered my numerous questions about Trak Shaks and shared their own experiences with us too, it really helped us choose, and after picking it up feel we definitely made the right choice.

Glenn – No don’t work for them, just ecstatic after picking it up!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Boeing - Monday, Apr 05, 2004 at 23:08

Monday, Apr 05, 2004 at 23:08
gajm, Don't tell us that you didn't sleep in it when it was in the backyard!!!

Good on you, glad that you are happy with it and it is a quality Aussie made product. Safe travels....

Regards

Mark
AnswerID: 53322

Follow Up By: Member - Gajm (VIC) - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 01:14

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 01:14
um no.....been letting it weather....and hosing it with water...from the water tank in the back yard, so ive left all the plastic on the mattresses incase its leaking anywhere, and i didnt want to sleep on it while the plastic was on there.......daughters out there tonight actualy, but I will sleep in it before the weeks out
FollowupID: 315039

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew R (VIC) - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 08:20

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 08:20
Ah what the heck! Ithink we slept in our first camper in the backyard.
Its an exciting time.
Hope you enjoy it.
FollowupID: 315054

Reply By: rolande- Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 07:10

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 07:10
If you are not carrying a boat then it should be registered as a box trailer, if so you can pick up a do-it-yourself kit from VicRoads. I took the paperwork in, they didn't even want to see the CT, cost $45. Don't know if this will apply to you but thought it may help. Only alternative is if they consider it a caravan?????????
rolande
AnswerID: 53338

Reply By: duncs - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 15:19

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 15:19
Gajm

We have had our Trak Shak for nearly eight years now and have never regretted it. It has been dragged all over Aus and not always treated kindly but has never complained. I doubt that you can break it.

Just one thing. While you have the hose out get underneath it and squirt the underside of the trailer. The only time we had a problem was with water coming up through the centre seem from puddles on the road. I called Trak Shak for advice and did as they suggested. A quick squirt with guttering silicon (along the sides of the centre tube on the frame) and the problem was solved. It confused me at the time as we had done a river crossing with no water entering. It only happend once and that was very soon after we got it. Since then it has seen some very rough country. We are gib=ving it an easy trip this time as we set off on Friday for the Eyre Peninsula. The trailer will probably stay on the balcktop this time. But the car will definately not.

Six min is about what it takes to set up but you will end up doing that on your own while SWMBO gets refreshments ready.

Oh one last thing carry plenty of brochures as it will attract attention in the caravan parks.

Hope you enjoy using yours as much as we do using ours
Duncs
AnswerID: 53405

Follow Up By: Roachie - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 15:56

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 15:56
G'day Duncs,

What part of the EP are you visiting over Easter? We (the YP 4 WD Club) are heading for Coffin Bay, leaving Kadina thursday arvo, camping at Whyalla that night and then on to Coffin Bay on Friday morning.

Cheers,

Roachie
FollowupID: 315105

Reply By: Member - Willie Sydney - Wednesday, Apr 07, 2004 at 16:22

Wednesday, Apr 07, 2004 at 16:22
Gajm,
I have a Trak Shak and two weeks ago when we were camped at Black Springs in the Coffin Bay NP in SA there were three more Trak Shaks there at the very small camping area .
One thing that annoys me about mine is that the thing is less than a year old and has been stored under a cover and yet the clip closures for the pole box are as rusty as hell and I will have to replace them .
Make ssure you hose down the canvas before you take it away for the first time or it will leak like a sieve - I know because it happened to me . The canvass needs to swell and cover the stitching holes .
I agree they are really well designed and built .
Willie
AnswerID: 53562

Sponsored Links