kedron pop top

Submitted: Monday, Jun 15, 2015 at 10:34
ThreadID: 119188 Views:2307 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I am considering buying a used KEDRON pop top.I would appreciate any feedback from owners/previous owners.It would be used a lot on dirt,how are they with dust etc. ,why did they cease manufacture?I trust the KEDRON brand itself but I have no info on the pop tops.Thankyou to any replies.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wilgadene - Monday, Jun 15, 2015 at 13:59

Monday, Jun 15, 2015 at 13:59
Hi Michael, what year model and is it a dual axle model? I can give you a bit of info on our Kedron pop top that we bought second hand in 2008 and still own.

It is 2002 model 17.5 ft Cross Country single axle with front kitchen and rear double bed. Haven't had any drama with dust or water so far except when i forgot to shut the side window and didn't realise for couple of hours on dirt (bugger). Did have to replace the gas struts on the pop top after a couple of years due to age but that was not really a hassle.

We have been through some pretty ordinary weather in our travels with heavy rain and 120kph winds driving it but no water leaks.

We have done a fair bit of bitumen work with it but have also done Birdsville, Lawn Hill / Adel's Grove, Burketown to Borroloola , Borroloola to Mataranka via Roper Bar, the Gibb River Road, Elquestro, Cape Leveque, Cave Hill and heaps of other dirt and gravel roads during a trip around Australia. We only use the bitumen when there is no other alternative.

We are very happy with the van and find that it tows well behind our 2003 100 series Landcruiser, very manoeuvrable in the bush and very comfortable for two.

Happy Travels
AnswerID: 555994

Follow Up By: Member - michael f qld - Monday, Jun 15, 2015 at 14:16

Monday, Jun 15, 2015 at 14:16
thanks wilgadene,I' m looking at several between the years 2004-2007,one of which is a dual axle ATV, it does not have independent suspension,but that probably isn't necessary.I don't intend doing real crazy rough stuff,only similar to the roads you mention.Thanks for replying PS will be towing with landcruiser
FollowupID: 842071

Follow Up By: Wilgadene - Monday, Jun 15, 2015 at 14:41

Monday, Jun 15, 2015 at 14:41
Just thought of one issue with the pop top. When we have had the awning out for a while and especially if we had a few wind gusts before we rolled it back in we found that the lock down mechanisms for the pop top would be out of alignment, which sometimes meant having to raise and lower the top a couple of times to get it back into the right spot. The degree of difficulty was generally inversely proportional to the amount of time in which we had to get going! Something about Murphys Law I think.
FollowupID: 842072

Sponsored Links