Comment: Why go camping?

Submitted: Friday, Jul 10, 2015 at 08:03
ThreadID: 119441 Views:2461 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Great points, mind you many of our friends get the camping bit, but can’t deal with the logistics.
We have taken our son, TomO, camping since he was only months old and to him it is a natural thing to do – fortunately for us.
I make a point of taking a book of Banjo Paterson’s works and regularly read them aloud around the campfire, try doing that in a modern home at 6:30pm at night, just as the Simpson’s are coming on the tellie!
Enjoy it out there…Baz – The Landy
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Odog - Friday, Jul 10, 2015 at 15:39

Friday, Jul 10, 2015 at 15:39
Hey Baz
My kids have always enjoyed it.. I think the rougher the better for them.. Now just the wife and I, but for us, we try to make it more comfy, preferably with the camp trailer, everything is on hand, and to have the porta potty in the corner is just so much easier... I think for us, it's arriving some where, and just take it all in, the beauty, the natural environment, mostly just in total amazement of Mother Nature... When you think how old this planet is, and how long humans have been around... We both love it... Just work gets in the way.. Lol.. Cheers Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 556852

Reply By: Bushranger1 - Friday, Jul 10, 2015 at 16:16

Friday, Jul 10, 2015 at 16:16
G'day Baz,
Took our kids camping from just a few weeks old. At 6 weeks took them snow camping much to the shock of the Grandparents.
Kids have left home now but me & my wife get out remote camping at every chance.

She does however make the comment that if we had visitors from another planet that would reckon us humans must be nuts.
I mean we have a beautiful house in the middle of the forest with a REAL bed, kitchen & bathroom & we chose to be sleeping under a bit of canvas out who knows where. Maybe we are nuts?

Cheers
Stu
AnswerID: 556856

Reply By: GarryR - Friday, Jul 10, 2015 at 18:58

Friday, Jul 10, 2015 at 18:58
Camping!!!! That's the way to go. sit around a camp fire with a couple of drinks and dribble crap with the missus. Just gazing at the fire is mesmerising on its own Accomadation - we have the best - just look up and you have not 5star accomadation but multi star accomadation. Yep the cook is 65yrs and still loves camping. If we are on the bike we just take 2 swags., on tour with the ute we have the rtt. We also have a small 2 man dome if we go to party for the night elsewhere. Recently we purchased an off road camper trailer to use as a base, and camp under the stars for a couple of nights while venturing. The cook still loves trekking around the world, but I prefer to stay at home a tour Oz and house sit the animals.
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 556861

Sponsored Links