raster 250 maps

Submitted: Friday, Apr 09, 2004 at 16:14
ThreadID: 11949 Views:1374 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
goodday all
what do people use besides raster 250 maps for moving maps in oziexplorer I keep findig they are ok until you get to the edge of the map instaed of going to another map you get all the crud on the side map name and no etc as if the maps are only scanned off a paper map am starting to wonder should i just go back to paper maps and a compassas it becomes a pain trying to change maps while driving

steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Greg Harewood - Friday, Apr 09, 2004 at 16:45

Friday, Apr 09, 2004 at 16:45
Steve - OziExplorer has the ability to automatically change maps when your position moves off the current map or across the map "neat lines". The "neat lines" (corner markers) are set up in "Check Map Calibration". Sounds like your map calibration files do not have the corner markers in the correct position which results in you plotting your position on the map border instead of the next map as you move. Read the help file in OziExplorer for more detail on corner markers and moving map.

If you imported the ecw calibration data into OziExplorer using the import function this would have caused your problem....calibration is OK but the corner markers will be on the edge of the actual image not the corners of the map.

Instead of moving all the corner markers yourself (If this is the problem) I would recommend you download the map (calibration files) for the Natmap series you have from the OziExplorer website. These will have the corner markers in the correct spot and your problem will disappear...hopefully.

I would not recommend going back to paper maps and a compass while driving...a bit dangerous and pretty inaccurate:)

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 53784

Follow Up By: Greg Harewood - Friday, Apr 09, 2004 at 16:51

Friday, Apr 09, 2004 at 16:51
OziExplorer Map calibration files for various products available here

http://www.gpsoz.com.au/OziExplorer_Users.htm

and here

http://216.218.220.254/eng/aussie.html

Cheers
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 315441

Reply By: brianm - Friday, Apr 09, 2004 at 18:26

Friday, Apr 09, 2004 at 18:26
HI
Try this in oziexplorer click on moving map. Check if automatically scroll map
is ticked. if not click on automatically scroll map to get the tick beside it.
hope this solves your problem
cheers brian
AnswerID: 53793

Reply By: GOB & denny vic member - Friday, Apr 09, 2004 at 18:48

Friday, Apr 09, 2004 at 18:48
thanks guys greg you might have my answer as the auto scroll works fine its only at the edge i have a problem i will go back and have another look

thanks again steve
AnswerID: 53795

Sponsored Links