Isatphone 2 Recall

Inmarsat have just announced a recall of ALL IsatPhone 2's. This includes all units sold, in stock, or in transit. Production has also been stopped.

Due to a minor defect in the antenna housing / connection some units may have a compromised IP rating permitting the entry of dust or water. Inmarsat are working on a recall and will start production as soon as possible.

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: vk1dx - Thursday, Jul 23, 2015 at 17:08

Thursday, Jul 23, 2015 at 17:08
I gather that someone should be looking for a new job. Ouch. My contact mentioned this yesterday. I also got the following good news. I never knew that ip addresses were rated. I thought they were a link to the hardware level. Oh well!

They have stopped "killing" old SIMs. Ours ran out of funds earlier this year and under the old scheme, I would have had to buy a new sim to recharge the phone, Credit that is - not the battery.

NOPE.

Just rock up with the funds and recharge the existing sim. Maybe they are too busy with this recall to bother or have woken up to the stuidity of killing sims. Either way we can save a quid.

Phil
AnswerID: 557315

Follow Up By: Shaker - Thursday, Jul 23, 2015 at 17:44

Thursday, Jul 23, 2015 at 17:44
It appears that the SIM cards are locked to the provider, some providers will supply a SIM card free if you recharge with them, there is also quite a difference in recharge prices, eg 50 units for $98.90 compared to 50 units for $75.00.

FollowupID: 843621

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Thursday, Jul 23, 2015 at 18:43

Thursday, Jul 23, 2015 at 18:43
The smallest recharge that we will get is 25 units. After all we don't use the phone for anything else and I can get it recharged with a simple "Recharge me please" email to my supplier. Beats wasting more funds.

Phil
FollowupID: 843630

Follow Up By: Sat Phone Sales - Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 22:04

Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 22:04
Hi there, you are right about the recall. We've posted the info on our website:

http://www.satphonesales.com.au/IsatPhone-2

It's curious how little info is being released by retailers that should have had the info from Inmarsat for over a month now.

There's a bit of a problem for Inmarsat as they have ceased production of the IsatPhone Pro, so presently there are no current production Imarsat phones available.

The IsatPhone Pro has been a fantastic robust and stable phone with great worldwide coverage. We're down to the last stock (worldwide) that we can get, so if you need an Inmarsat based phone it would be worth grabbing one soon.

As yet, there is no ETA for the IsatPhone 2 fix.

The other question - we can supply FREE IsatPhone SIM cards, with the best air time pricing in Australia. The SIM cards do not expire.

Regards,

Kevin

FollowupID: 856260

Sponsored Links