extending breather tubes on diffs

Submitted: Saturday, May 25, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1202 Views:1466 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
g'day all, i'm looking at extending the breather tubes on my diffs for water crossings, apparantly there is a breather on the gear box as well, could anyone tell me where abouts it is located on gq patol, and are there any other breathers i need to extend?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Billowaggi - Sunday, May 26, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, May 26, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Andrew you need to extend the breathers on front and rear diffs and transfer case as well. The breathers on your gearbox and t,case will be right on the very top of the housings and will look like a small screw in fitting with a loose cap on the top. Your diff breathers should already have an extended tube up on to the chassis of the vehicle.Regards Ken.
AnswerID: 3842

Reply By: Shane - Friday, Jun 07, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Jun 07, 2002 at 00:00
Andrew the front diff transfercase and gearbox on a gq are vented to a box up under the left hand gaurd and the rear diff is vented to the high point on the top of a hump in the rear cross member . I have a 91 gq with 4 inches of spring lift and two inch bod lift which I parked in the Mitchel river on the way to cape york las year filling the rear diff via the cross member and the gearbox via the rubber boot sealing the gear stick .I replaced the boot and the front has had no problems since , I also extended the rear breather up into the cabin no smells yet.
AnswerID: 4074

Sponsored Links