Engel Smell !!!!

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 17:12
ThreadID: 12135 Views:5459 Replies:10 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone got any good ways to get a awful smell from an engel. bood and the fridge turned off in a hot car for a week)
Any suggestions would be apreciated
Tom
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Greg Harewood - Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 17:14

Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 17:14
Tom - apparently a bit of a wipe over with vanilla essence is the go.
Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 54689

Reply By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 17:23

Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 17:23
Tom...agree with Greg, I use Vanilla..also bicarb absorbs odours....I've used the vanilla and also bought a box of bicarb you just open the box and leave it in there...while the fridge is running.....[not sure how it works if the fridge is turned off]

Lyn
AnswerID: 54691

Reply By: Roachie - Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 18:09

Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 18:09
Tom

I agree with the 1st 2 responses. There is also a specific product available at the supermarket called "VANILLA FRIDGE WIPE & DEODORISER" made by McLintocks.

Good luck

Roachie
AnswerID: 54698

Reply By: Member - Bob L - Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 18:22

Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 18:22
Tom
Have found my fridge smells if left closed up when not in use. Appears to be the melting ice (condensation?) seeping under bottom mat and sometimes spilt milk etc.
When not in use I now leave it wedged open with a small car sponge or similar. After cleaning have found the vanilla essence works well.

Cheers

Bob L
AnswerID: 54703

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 19:14

Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 19:14
Tom - agree with all the others. Message from Gill at the Hospital - looking for to seeing "her boys" from Keith.
AnswerID: 54712

Reply By: GO_OFFROAD - Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 19:28

Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 19:28
you may need to remove the scews that hold the cooler unit in place and clean behind it as well.
AnswerID: 54715

Reply By: Bilbo - Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 22:09

Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 22:09
Put 3 BIG tablespoons of bicarb into warm water and ensure it's dissolved - easy peasy. Wash out the fridge using a cloth or good soft brush. Do it a second time. Rinse with clean water. Leave it with the lid open and let it dry out. Throw into the fridge 3 BIG spoons of dry bicarb and leave it for a about 3 days. Wash out the fridge. Rinse with clean water - smell gone. Housewives know this.

Use the vanilla essence if you like the vanilla smell or like paying for "pose value". Bicarb is dirt cheap and is also the essential ingredient in making "mushy peas" should you happen to like this "olde English" delicacy.

Bilbo - who used to leave bits of roo, emu and goanna in his fridge for weeks after getting home from the bush.
AnswerID: 54744

Follow Up By: Brian - Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 23:21

Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 23:21
Have you got that recipe for "Mushy Peas" ?????

A pie is not a pie with out mushy peas!!!!!

Brian
FollowupID: 316462

Reply By: Eric Experience. - Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 22:16

Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 22:16
Tom.
If you have food under the rubber mat you will have to pull it out to get it clean. they come out easily and don't have to be glued in. Eric.
AnswerID: 54748

Reply By: harry5 - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 11:19

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 11:19
Tom have had the same problem with my engel with fish bait and worm berley etc. 1st. Dont accept responsability its not your fault you forgot to plug it in.
2nd. Study your 12V lead very hard saying things like somebody has put something heavy on it.
Then try vanilla essence in warm soapy water finally put an open container of bi-carbonate soda which should soak up the smell in the fridge
AnswerID: 54791

Reply By: Bilbo - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 15:01

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 15:01
MUSHY PEAS........

Take one packet of Anchor Blue Boiling Peas (These are dry and hard as bullets). Use yellow split peas IF YOU MUST - Mushy peas should GREEN!!

Put a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda into a LARGE pan of water.

Empty the whole packet of peas into the pan. Ensure all peas are covered by the water. Leave soaking overnight.

Next day, drain off the water and peas into a large colander or strainer. Throughly rinse the peas. Place peas in a LARGE pan of water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for as long it takes to get the consistency you favour. This could take and hour or two.

Be VERY careful of what is known in our house as a "Burnley Boilover". This phenomenon is easly acheived by becoming distracted in the shed or bedroom ;) and the whole pan erputs onto the stove top. Nasty if SWMBO sees it and real PITA to clean up.

Mushy peas can be done in a pressure cooker if you are addicted to 'em and need a quick fix. The overnight soak still has to be done (there is no short cut to quality mushy peas). Then , instead of using a normal pan, use a pressure cooker. Do 'em in the pressure cooker - takes about 15 minutes.

Mushy peas can be frozen and retrieved at your lesiure. Serve with fish and chips, pies, cream spuds and peas mixed together to make a "pea pie" - commonly know as green spuds ;), crayfish, prawns, on toast and can be used as an alternative to cream on tinned fruit - very versatile is mushy peas. Add salt as you wish. They are delicious and wholesome source of fibre and best eaten when you're sleepling ALONE!

ENJOY!

Bilbo
AnswerID: 54810

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 16:08

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 16:08
Bilbo...thanks for that....loved mushy peas when in the UK..shall try this out....

Lyn
FollowupID: 316513

Sponsored Links