Anyone travelling in the Kimberley's in June

Submitted: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1217 Views:1959 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My wife and I will be travelling from Brisbane to the Kimberley's during June and wonder if others doing the same or similar might want to keep in touch by radio or possibly meet up and enjoy some walking. We will leave Brisbane on 7 June and travel via Charleville, Windorah, Boulia, Alice and Tanami Road to Halls Creek, arriving Halls Creek on or around 14 June. Then travelling clockwise on the Great Northern H'way / Gibb River Road with side trip to Mitchell Falls/ Kalumburu(?). Departing from Kunanurra on or around 28 June. Our VKS737 call sign is Quebec 3398. We will be listening to VKS737 road / weather reports and checking in with Adelaide Base every evening. We also carry UHF and 27 Mhz and usually scan the UHF while travelling. If you are doing a similar trip and want someone to chat to on the way leave contact details below.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Billowaggi - Wednesday, May 29, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 29, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Gordon &Janette We are leaving Busselton WA on 10 June for trip to Kimberley's . We intend to visit Wolf Creek Crater and the Bungles and will probably be in Kunnanura about 17 or 18 of June It looks like we will be in Halls Creek about the same time as you ! There is 5 five of us in two vehicles , my wife and I and 3 year old daughter in a Ford F250 and my wifes parents in an 80 series Landcruiser My VKS737 callsign is Whiskey 628 we will be calling in to the Perth base 6:30 pm sched every night once we get on the road. Hope to hear from you, we may be camping at or near Wolf Creek Crater on the 14th June. Regards Ken.
AnswerID: 3883

Follow Up By: Billowaggi - Wednesday, May 29, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 29, 2002 at 00:00
By the way my e-mail address is spanner1@wn.com.au Regards Ken.
FollowupID: 1651

Sponsored Links