4wd megastore - my little rant.

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 22:05
ThreadID: 12345 Views:3722 Replies:6 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
I've previously posted on here about the great service i got @ 4wd megastore - beaudesert rd brisbane.... well here's one to even the scales (and why i wont be going back)

i was looking for a hand winch, snatch block, winch strap, etc... all up well in excess of $500....

the salesman tells me they stock the tuff pull, the mud mauler, and the big haul...
no big hauls in stock - won't order another one until next month
no mud maulers in stock - won't order another one until next month
one sad looking tuff pull sitting in the showroom - so i'm in the middle of discussing the different types with the salesman (and working out delivery times, etc) and another staff member (i'm assuming the manager) comes over and interrupts.... apparently there was an angry customer in the carpark who had the wrong plug fitted on a dual battery setup the day before. so without another word - the guy who was assisting me and the manager walk off into the carpark. i'm left standing in the showroom by myself clutching my 500+ dollars.

needless to say i took my money somewhere else and got what i wanted - they had it in stock, they were prepared to discuss it with me, and they weren't bloody rude.

congratulations 4wd megastore - you turned me from someone who spread the word about your good service to someone who spreads the word about your failings.

cheers,

KG
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: navaraman - Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 22:13

Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 22:13
News of bad service travels quicker than good service so they've done themselves no favours.

I'm thinking of getting ahand winch as well, what did you buy?and why? I'd be interested in some feedback when you've used it. thanks.
AnswerID: 55805

Follow Up By: Member - KG (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 22:29

Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 22:29
i ended up getting a magnum.... i believe they are sold under the arb flag now?
why did i buy a hand winch? because i'm starting to get a bit more adventurous in where i go... i also have a few big tree stumps i have plans of pulling out so i justified it to myself that way.
why not electric? even if i had an electric i'd still want a handwinch for the options it provides (sideways, backwards, etc) one day when i win lotto i'll get an electric winch
why did i buy the magnum? because it was the right price and it seemed to be a solid enough unit.
winched the gf's corolla up the driveway tonite for a test run :)
little bit fiddly feeding the wire rope through the jaws but i'm sure practice would improve that (hopefully i won't be getting any practice!!).

cheers,

KG
FollowupID: 317661

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 08:24

Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 08:24
If you have a fixed and of the cable one end, and a free end the other, why cant an electric winch pull you sideways or backwards?
FollowupID: 317681

Reply By: GO_OFFROAD - Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 22:15

Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 22:15
Well, I think everyone should be entitled to one mistake, and the benifit of speaking to the person and company involved, because if they dont know its broken, they cant fix it.....
AnswerID: 55806

Follow Up By: Member - KG (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 22:22

Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 22:22
that's the good thing about being a paying customer - you can be fickle.

FollowupID: 317659

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 22:26

Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 22:26
And if you look at the suppliers point of view, they could also be fickle, if the guy outside is a major customer compared to someone in the showroom who "MAY" spend $500.................
FollowupID: 317660

Follow Up By: Member - KG (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 22:30

Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 22:30
fair enough.... but you can't have your cake and eat it.

if you bounce one customer to appease onebleepoff customer you end up with twobleepoff customers.

FollowupID: 317662

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 23:14

Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 23:14
You were unhappy, but the other bloke that was Unhappy was getting better service with 2 people, so he was happy...
FollowupID: 317669

Follow Up By: Mrs Diamond - Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 13:26

Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 13:26
no he was was happy till another unhappy customer made him unhappy and the 2 salesman serving him might have made the unhappy customer happy till the 2 unhappy salesmen came into see if the original happy customer was still happy but bye now had left unhappy so the sales men were now unhappy aswell
FollowupID: 317711

Follow Up By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 14:33

Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 14:33
ROFLMAO Mrs D
FollowupID: 317717

Follow Up By: Member - Errol (York WA) - Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 15:24

Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 15:24
What did you say again Mrs Diamond .
FollowupID: 317726

Reply By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 14:43

Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 14:43
I can't figure out why places have such a problem with inventory these days. If I go to get something I want it then not in a month all they do is loose customers to someone with brains who has stock of what they sell. Not carrying stock only works if you have a captive market like truck dealers as if you want to fix your truck & they don't have the parts you have no choice but to wait for them to come from somewhere else.
AnswerID: 55860

Reply By: Nino & Kerry (VIC) - Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 16:33

Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 16:33
KG,
Such a common complaint. I don't believe they are making one customer happy at your expense, I think they still have two unhappy customers as the first bloke paid for something he didn't get and had to go back. At best he'll be indifferant to the service. You should write and complain so it can be addressed, At the very least you should get a reply OR maybe a free sticker!!!!! Yeah I know nothing will be done but you have to try some times.
Cheers
Nino.
AnswerID: 55871

Reply By: troy - Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 19:46

Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 19:46
Last week i went to the other mega store on braudesert rd to get my canopy door replaced. They told me it was going to be ready at 3pm and that they would call if it wasn't. I rock up at 3:30 and i'm told it will be another hour - not happy.
They then make my wife a cup of tea fix the kids up with a lollie and a drink, fire up the X box and in no time the ute was all fixed.
I also got a key ring and 2 bags of jelly beans for the drive home. I'm happy.
Its all about customer service.
AnswerID: 55891

Follow Up By: Glenno - Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 02:15

Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 02:15
The famous red jelly beans :)

I filled in their survey after I had my compressor replaced and under comments I said "wake up and realise Coopers are better than BFG, and stop selling BFG's"

Never lauged so hard when they sent me a packet of red jelly beans and a BFG keyring!!!

Their cusotmer service is excellent, we all know jobs run late, its all about how you handle the customer who is impacted. In their case they do it pretty well.

Cheers,

Glenn.
FollowupID: 317811

Reply By: Glenno - Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 02:11

Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 02:11
They are the same guys who installed my dual abttery controller to the air box on my Hilux with Velcro tape.

Didnt pay too much attention to how it was mounted until I checked the fluids one morning out in the Kimerley's (I live in Brisbane) and saw it resting on the side of the engine melting away.

I think that all the staff, management and customers in the shop were very clear as to how unhappy I was, and seemed to agree after gentle persuasion that should the unit have melted and shorted out, I would have been stranded out in the bush with a car with two 600CCA batteries doing their best to self ignite.

The fact that they deined installing it there (contary the Invoice i had in my hands showing an installation charge), just took the case.

Top marks to team at Performance off-road at Wooloongabba who for no charge helped put everything right.

And you can guess where I spend my 4wd accessory money these days.

Cheers,
AnswerID: 55941

Sponsored Links