Fraser Island Ranger taking photos

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 01, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1239 Views:2439 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Does anybody know a ranger called Peter Meyer on Fraser Island and could give an contact adress to me (better email)? I've seen an report about Austrlia and Fraser Island on german TV and they also spoke about that ranger beeing a photographer of the island as well. It is only personal interest, as some of his photos were shown and I'm interested in photography as well. That's all, maybe someone travelled to the island yet and knows a ranger station contact adress. Thank you for your help!!! And best wishes from Cologne Germany!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ray - Sunday, Jun 02, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Jun 02, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Claudia, doesn't seem to be any email addresses for rangers on Fraser is. Maybe if u log into the Environmental protection agency for Qeensland, which is a Government Department u may b able to get an address by writing to one of the ranger stations on the island. Being a government dept. i doubt whether they will give u an individuals address. However being a tourist u might get lucky.
site is: www.epa.qld.gov.au
there is a lot of info on this site about fraser, hope this helps
ps i have been to Cologne, it's nice.
regards Ray
if i can be of any more help contact me on the forum and i'll send u my email address.
AnswerID: 3960

Follow Up By: Claudia Schmitt - Monday, Jun 03, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Jun 03, 2002 at 00:00
Hello Ray, thank you for your help, but it seems as if Mark found a hint for me which helps me a lot. So, you've been to Cologne, when have you been here? It would be nice to exchange some ideas. If you'd give me your mail adress I would answer in any case.
FollowupID: 1687

Follow Up By: Ray - Wednesday, Jun 05, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jun 05, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Claudia was in Cologne in '99 only 4 a day as we passed thru when we were on a tour of Europe.
I have been to Fraser several time with mates of mine we used to go fishing every year, but haven't been 4 two years as it is getting a bit crowded now. the Island is very beautiful and popular with O/seas tourists and many Aussies.
My email address is raymcgregor@elvis.com if u wish to correspond with me.
regards Ray
FollowupID: 1697

Reply By: Mark - Sunday, Jun 02, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Jun 02, 2002 at 00:00
Claudia,

Apparently Peter is a Ranger for Kingfisher Bay resort. No email, but you can contact the resort and ask.

http://www.qac.org.au/ontour/byrequest/2002-program/performances/peter_meyer.html
AnswerID: 3968

Follow Up By: Claudia Schmitt - Monday, Jun 03, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Jun 03, 2002 at 00:00
Hello Mark, thank you, your hint has been quite helpful, I think this was the ranger I was looking for. are you also interested in photography or in protecting nature or why have you been so well informed? Anyhow, thank you for your help!
FollowupID: 1685

Sponsored Links