Pro-Ma Additives

Submitted: Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 19:43
ThreadID: 12399 Views:2460 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, has anyone used or know of PRO-Ma products. They make fuel additives for petrol and disiel engines and an oil additive.
I am curious if anyone has any info or has tried them etc.

Les
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Sparky - Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 20:36

Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 20:36
Les & Clare,

They are a fuel/oil additive product that are sold through a multi-level network marketing system. They also promote Grace Cosmetics. Like all 'pyramid' type scheemes...beware that they don't try to suck you into sucking your mates into it...it's all about the 'business plan' - the additive is the 'vehicle' (excuse the pun). My father-i9n-law is heavy into a MLM (multi level marketing) company...it's a good way to lose integrity!

I did a lot of research at the time we were shown the products and subsequently joined. Didn't see any benefits (although wasted a lot of time attending meetings about the product and how I could convince others to use it...). Didn't improve my fuel effeciency.

Stick with a main stream additive (if you must one) that is backed by its brand.

Just be careful before you join. Did a friend or collegue intro you to the product?

Hope this helps,

Sparky
AnswerID: 56064

Follow Up By: Member - Les & Clare (WA) - Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 21:59

Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 21:59
Thanks Sparky

We don't intend to join any MLM Marketing scheme. The Pro-ma products were on display at my local fuel distributor and i believe he just retails them. He obtains the products from a distributor in Albany I think.
I was just wanting to know if the product actually does what it claims in the brochere or is it just another rip off scheme?

I have searched the net and the Pro-ma site but can't seem to find much info about the products.

Les

FollowupID: 317920

Follow Up By: Member - Sparky - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 05:35

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 05:35
Les

Most of their info is inhouse with their 'own' independent tests. I agrre with Rick that they are extremely expensive for what they claim to do, and do you really need an addative anyway?

Still, it is up to you if you want to try it out.

Good luck with your research.

Sparky
FollowupID: 317933

Reply By: Rick Blaine - Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 21:07

Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 21:07
I did try their grease at one time after a high pressure pitch from a " friend"...no better than any other grease...just twice as expensive. As a general guide though in last month's Choice magazine they tested fuel & oil additives & came to the scientific conclusion after exhaustive tests that you are wasting money buying them.
AnswerID: 56072

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:35

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:35
ah yes i remeber that one a ex army friend did this for years and tried to push my wife into getting some for me but i worked out that it was dearer pretty quick
I have no objection to MLM but come on why should we direspect ourselves to friends /family and contacts for a few bucks for someone elses products.

AnswerID: 56112

Sponsored Links