nrma road service membership

Submitted: Friday, May 07, 2004 at 14:56
ThreadID: 12678 Views:3194 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just got my renewal for road service. They have new membership packages. I think they came in last july. I was sent a renewal for classic care which was approx $10.00 dearer than my last years road service. After reading all the brochures & terms & conditions it fails to mention that they still offer the basic road service.
The only difference is that;
basic has 4 callout max & classic has no max calls
metro towing under basic is 8kms & under classic is 20 kms.
A great way to squeeze another $10.00 out of you if you don't check & pay what they have in front of you.

http://www.mynrma.com.au/products/membership/packages.shtml

Cheers

Jackablue
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Paul's lot - Friday, May 07, 2004 at 16:33

Friday, May 07, 2004 at 16:33
And does anyone remember that famous statement of the NRMA
"That the issue of shares and listing as a public company would in no way affect road service levels of care"
What a load of hog wash, what you get now is pitiful, it happens where ever there is demutualisation or privatisation just look at the demutualising of banks and the deregulation of petrol prices, and Johnny Howard expects us to believe that privatising Telstra will lead to cheaper calls. Who's wad has he got hold of.
AnswerID: 57629

Reply By: Peter 2 - Friday, May 07, 2004 at 17:07

Friday, May 07, 2004 at 17:07
Check the fine print and conditions for towing, I haven't had a look for a while but it did say that they would NOT tow any vehicle over 2.5 tonne GVM which would include most of the mid size and larger 4wd's. So what you are paying for is the service person to start your car no towing, very poor in my book.
AnswerID: 57632

Follow Up By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Friday, May 07, 2004 at 17:25

Friday, May 07, 2004 at 17:25
Had the Patrol towed home when it s**t it self not a problem but had to pay for camper as I didn't have caravan cover.
FollowupID: 319417

Sponsored Links