ERPS and Rust

In response to my earlier post 11491 in regards to my concern with ERPS (electronic rust proofing system)

Today the company ERPS visited the truck and had a look at some of the small rust that has appeared in a few places. They have been most helpful and replaced my unit with a suped up industrial strength system with a further 6 cuplings (bring the total to now 14!) at no charge!! They worked on the car for some 6 hours! They have taken pics and want to inspect the car again.

I have to say, I am very impressed with their desire to follow up and make sure that I the customer am happy with the product I had purchased. If you want a company that stands behing their product...Impressive!

www.erps.com.au

Sparky
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric Experience. - Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 21:46

Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 21:46
Sparky.
Most interesting, did they offer any explanation of how the system is supposed to work? How much current does the new unit draw? Is there any indication of an effect so far from the original unit? Eric.
AnswerID: 58520

Reply By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 21:58

Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 21:58
Sparky,
I've got the CounterAct system in my 2000 Patrol (I think they've changed the name of it recently). I'm still sceptical about their claims and I hope I never have to question the validity. It's one of those things you don't know if it's working until it doesn't!!! A bit like my Shu Roo.....it must work cos I never hit any roos; right??
I still wash the rig everytime I go anywhere near salt water/beach etc.
Good luck with yours.
AnswerID: 58522

Follow Up By: Alex Callaghan - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 10:45

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 10:45
Re: Shu Roo..........Mate was doing some suveying at a mine and was lent a comadore with Shu Roo for getting to and from the mine. He hit a roo one night and totaled the Comy with the Shu Roo operating.
I took the unit out of the vehical and held it near his dogs head and he just tipped his head side to side lookin at it. Duno about the Shu Roo's efectiveness.
FollowupID: 320279

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 10:56

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 10:56
Alex,
That's interesting to read. I've only had a couple of experiences where I actually witnessed roos taking evasive action to get out of my way. I know the units are limited in that they are not effective over the crest of hills etc and I would think that if there is a strong wind or other noises natural around (like thunder) around at the time, they would also fail to be noticed by the roos.
It pays to remain alert to all animals.
FollowupID: 320280

Reply By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 06:46

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 06:46
Apart from the two brands mentioned above, there is a, shall we say, "more economical" brand on the market.... advertised mainly in the Trading Post. I purchased one of their systems last year, questioned the way the gear is mounted, but was told it would be there "to stay". Most of the anodes on the exterior/underneath have fallen off, I have complained yet received no joy and now they don't respond to my emails at all. Which means it's time to ring 'em and talk one-on-one of course.
I still don't know if these systems are a scam or not! As someone above said about the Shoo Roo, and nothing can beat a good cleanup after being on the beach etc... I bought ours for a bit of insurance.... would never buy the same one again. Maybe next time I'll get the E.R.P.S or the CouplerTec
AnswerID: 58553

Follow Up By: Member - Sparky - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 09:00

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 09:00
After the service and attention to detail...I would find it very hard not to recommend ERPS. The new owners of the company (bought it around 8 months ago) are certainly putting their money and time into the product and their customers.

One thing to be sure of: If you want to protect a “free air structure” like a vehicle you must use Capacitive Coupling. Impressed Current/Cathodic Systems are ineffective in free air. Don’t think that all electronic systems are the same or that “one size fits all”.

How ERPS Works
The Series 2000 unit is the ‘power’ behind the system. The unit operates continually from the vehicle battery and draws only 20-30 milliamps. The twelve volt DC charge is then stepped up to a high voltage and transferred to the Capacitive Couplers. The Capacitive Coupler then becomes charged so as to be the positive plate of a capacitor, whilst the structure or vehicle becomes the negative side. The high concentrations of electrons cause the surface to become covered by a layer of electrons. These electrons are held static by the dielectric (usually the paint or ferric oxide). The layer of electrons prevents or slows corrosion by lowering the metals voltage potential which means the metal becomes less reactive and therefore less likely to corrode. Corrosion/rust is a natural reaction. Put simply electrons escape from unprotected metal, combine with atmospheric molecules and ‘rust’ begins. The ERPS unit constantly replaces these electrons.

Unit Specifications

Input Voltage
+ 12Volt DC

Ground
- Negative

Current Drawn @ 12.5v
21 milliamps

Output Voltage @ 12.5v
440 DCV

Hope this is helpful. I don't have anything to do with the company, but when you get the service and meet the owners (who drove out to see my vehicle) I am certainly impressed. There is no doubt that the system has been working, but they (and I) felt it should be more effective - and they made it so!

Cheers

Sparky

FollowupID: 320409

Reply By: Baz (NSW) - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 08:33

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 08:33
Is it just me or does this seem a bit out there, have a look at an earth wire that has a bad contact there is usualy corrosion or rust causing the bad contact. Please explain !!
Is it me am i just a dumb bloody Storeman.

Baz.
AnswerID: 58560

Follow Up By: Member - Sparky - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 09:00

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 09:00
See followup above
FollowupID: 320410

Sponsored Links