Bridle Track NSW

Submitted: Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 22:44
ThreadID: 12858 Views:4175 Replies:9 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
As a landholder with river frontage land in the above area I cannot beleive how many filthy pigs of people come and camp along this section of river . I was at a popular camping area called Randwick today and was amazed by the amount of rubbish left behind at the majority of camp sites . It is truly disgusting and the perpertators will soon find more and more gates blocking their access as it is beyond a joke . How people can say they "love the bush " and then defacate over /across and every where else is beyond me . Windblown rubbish is scattered through the river and and throughout the bush . Responsible campers who leave a camp clean are always welcome but the filthy pigs who leave their camps worse than a pig sty a definetly not welcome . The person who left the silver toilet on the river bank is invited back to pick it and its contents up , if I had your address I would gladly pay the freight to get it back to you .
NSW Government must put a refundable deposit on all drink containers as they do in SA ( beer especially , $1 per bottle ) as beer cans and bottles are one of the main offenders . I hope no one who uses this forum is guilty of leaving their mess behind but if you come across people who are doing this please remind them they are fast increasing restricted access or high fee's for what are now fee free areas .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 23:02

Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 23:02
Kenny, as a fellow land holder and also a user of not only this site but also some quiet spots around Australia. I wish you had the evidence of the irresponsible registration numbers to put with your post. You would not be unpopular here to put such numbers up, indeed there have been similar comments to mine in the past. Please take numbers where you can. Report them here and elsewhere.

People like those mentioned by you are the bane of responsible users who leave foot prints and take their experiences and their rubbish with them.
AnswerID: 58537

Follow Up By: kenny - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 00:31

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 00:31
JohnR
Having their number plates is not enough as I have already been through this with the controlling bodies . When they take pigs to court they say that it was not their rubbish and if you were to publish their number plates they would sue for deformation .
Surveylance cameras hidden in tree tops to film the pigs was discussed but this evidence can not be used as it comes under entrapment .
If they were not so bloody stupid we could possibly educate them but they lack brain cells .
Thanks for the reply
Ken
FollowupID: 320398

Reply By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 00:08

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 00:08
Hi Kenny
I think all the States should follow the example of S.A. in regard to deposits on all drink containers, check up and see if there is a hotline to dob in offenders as they have here in Vic. unfortunatly you need to catch them in the act, report rego no's or photo's to police as they have had success after the event.

Are these area's accessable to 2WD vehicles or just 4WD ?

Regards

AnswerID: 58542

Follow Up By: kenny - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 00:48

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 00:48
The Bridle Track is a famous 4wd track which has had hundreds if not thousands of articles written in 4x4 mags about it but like most of Australia' famous dirt tracks like the Birdsville / Strzelecki Tracks it is 2wd accessable in dry weather . Evans Shire had a piece in the local paper that they are going to declare it 4wd only as they will not have to maintain the road to 2wd standards .
It is one of Australias most scenic drives going .
Cheers
Ken
FollowupID: 320399

Reply By: Squid - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 07:16

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 07:16
Hi Kenny,

I would have to agree with you. I was at the Bridle Track 3 weeks ago for the first time, what an amazing place, but I was also blown away by the amount of rubbish left behind. However, the thing that really peed me of was that people had defacated right next to the river and did not even considering burying it.

If this was not bad enough my not so bright dog actually found this and rubbed himself in it, so I had a dog covered from ear to throat in someone's crap. Boy was I not happy. He was like the 'loaded dog', he kept trying to come up to me and then shake his head, crap flying everywhere, I have never moved so quick. Luckily I had disposable gloves to clean him up but it took bloody forever before I would even consider patting him.

I am not sure what the answer is, but I do know I am getting sick and tired of picking up other people's rubbish.

AnswerID: 58554

Follow Up By: Michael - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 11:28

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 11:28
Gday Squid. i was at Hill End 3 weeks ago, i left on the friday before the crowds came in for ANZAC Day, took my two young boys up for a few days camping. I found it OK as far as cleanleness but like someone said in this post, as the blacktop gets further in, the worse its going to get. Iv'e been going there for 30 years exactly and it was quite a trip to get in in a sedan then, no aircon and bloody hot in summerand the dust. So not too many people used to get in there. I came in from Bathurst / Sofala and left by Mudgee Road, I was surprised how little dirt road is left, and what is there, is pretty good. The kind of peolpe who get there on the long weekends amaze me, they think because its fairly isolated, they can get drunk and drive around all night creating noise and havoc. The last "long weekend" i was there(about 8years ago) a young group of people set up a ring of tents around the toilets and decided to get drunk along with loud music till 3am. We fixed them in the morning, we packed up at 7am and my car had 150 doors that morn, with clasical music booming from the stereo. OHH ,revenge is sweet... Michael
FollowupID: 320287

Follow Up By: Squid - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 19:22

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 19:22
Hi Michael,

I was there the same weekend. I can't recall the name of the site I was at but it had no facilities, and was only a small area. Beautiful spot and I will be returning soon to take the other half. I camped near Sofala the night before and couldn't get over the lack of water in the river and the colour of the landscape. Man it was dry. Rain is desperately needed.

Michael I think you were a bit easy on those youngsters - classical music! I hope it was something with a bit of oomph in it.

Cheers

FollowupID: 320364

Follow Up By: kenny - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 01:08

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 01:08
Squid
This is what amazes me too . there is sh%t and paper every where , why can't they bury it . In normal times when we are not in drought, rain soon breaks down tissue paper and feaceas and it is gone in a couple of weeks but now with no rain and plenty of wind we have windblown paper and piles of sun dried crap sitting around waiting for dung beatles to eat it away . If people burnt the paper and left their sh%t to dry in the sun it would be preferable than leaving it how they do now , yeah I suppose the di*ck heads would start a bush fire but hey they might burn us out but hopefully they will burn their vehicle and camping equipment too !
Its good to see there is plenty of people who think the way I do
Thanks
Ken
FollowupID: 320401

Reply By: Baz (NSW) - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 07:34

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 07:34
Having land on the other side of Hill End i know all to well the problem and sadly i think it's only going to get worse as the black top gets closer. And it wont be long before NPWS starts cracking down on camping in the area.

Baz.
AnswerID: 58555

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 08:42

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 08:42
Baz, I am sure you could give a little encouragement in that direction if it was likely to help. is it?

Bit late to tell you Baz, but taking the spirits tonight at Sheepyard Flat. Stictly Scottish or Irish with cream.....
FollowupID: 320265

Reply By: Vince NSW - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 10:25

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 10:25
Kenny,
I know how you must feel. I camped on the river there last June longweekend and spent an hour cleaning up before we could settle in. It cost nothing to take your rubbish and other crap home. You caried it in, carry it out.
Vince
AnswerID: 58568

Reply By: Moose - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 13:21

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 13:21
It seems that anywhere the masses can get to is subject to the type of abuse you mention. Unfortunately there will always be a moronic element in society that simply cannot comprehend how a decent human should behave. The only solution is to get evidence and report them to the authorities. Pity that it isn't legal to dish out on the spot penalties - eg rub their noses in their own crap!
AnswerID: 58590

Reply By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 13:39

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 13:39
Can only agree with all comments so far, and we are stuck with the mooron element. I guess the only solution is what most of us already do, is to clean up areas as best we can while we are there and I think EO people should start a public register on this site of at least rego numbers of those who we find leaving sites as pig sty's.
I also think that if a few members who live near areas that need a bit of a clean up, got together and made a few weekend social events and organized a bit of a clean up it does the area good and make sure we get some good publicity when its done it can do no harm.
As a 4wd club we have a publicised clean up each clean up Aust. day and have done some beach clean ups as well. I made a difference to our image in the area.
AnswerID: 58591

Follow Up By: Squid - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 19:09

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 19:09
Hey Pesty,

I like the idea of an organised clean up. I for one would be keen, as I am sure others would be. The publicity for 4wd's and EO would be highly beneficial.

Of course you would have to have a cleansing ale afterwards. I know some of my local areas could do with a clean.

Cheers
FollowupID: 320361

Follow Up By: kenny - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 00:56

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 00:56
Steve
I have a cleanup after every long weekend , summer weekends etc but the messy morons seem to become more and more . I wish they would camp at the rubbish tip as the dozer could push all their crap over the face and bury it under granite on the first working day back .
They sure don't deserve the privlege of camping in the bush .
Cheers
Ken
FollowupID: 320400

Follow Up By: Squid - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 06:27

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 06:27
Hey Kenny,

Why don't you post the next time you are planning a cleanup and make a weekend out it. Get a few people together, it sure would get it done a hell of a lot quicker. Maybe if you did it while the people were still there it might shame them a bit. Then again they probably couldn't give a .......
FollowupID: 320404

Reply By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 17:24

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 17:24
We were at Burke & Wills last camp site in the Gulf last year when a commercial tour operator arrived with his overseas tourists, he gave 1 of them a bog roll & off she went with no shovel. The only consolation is on the way back she crossed a dry creek & went down to her knees in a bog hole so mother nature got some revenge. I then went around collecting what paper I could find & burnt it.
AnswerID: 58626

Reply By: Member - Frank - Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 20:18

Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 20:18
As a expatriat station man I agree The only answer I could see (and its most probably not practical ) I helped Mt Ive when joan and merv were there they locked the access gates and you had to get a key and map ( deposit ) which I made on there computer so they knew who was where and when and the next person certainly told them if something happend

frank
AnswerID: 60490

Sponsored Links