Blogging better than email?

Submitted: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 18:40
ThreadID: 12987 Views:1978 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
When we did our 2-yr caravan trip around Oz we sent regular emails to friends and family, including lots of photos.
Although everyone said nice things about them I often wondered if they resented the download times for the (much condensed) pictures, but were too polite to say so.

So I've started up a "blog" for our new trip - starting June 1 and I reckon it
will be better for my "victims" and for me. For them,. because they don't have to download it...

You can check my blog at http://rannoch.bigpondhosting.com/blog.html
If it gives you any incentive follow up at http://blogger.com

Blogger is now owned by Google, by the way. Try www.hello.com for a brilliant and free software pack for sending digital pics back and forwards fast and at high quality.
Hope this is of some use,
Mike H Norseman "Jack 2", heading to FNQ from Tasssie.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: petza - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 21:42

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 21:42
thanks for that bit of info, we are just about to do the big trip our selfs an that has been one of our questions. i will have a look, an never know might run into you some where.
AnswerID: 59171

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 22:12

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 22:12
I have had a look at your page.

Sort of always wondered what "Blog" was.......now I know.......cool.......

To me, it seems a good way to go I guess. Let's see........ 10 people to keep abreast whilst away, some email may fail or bounce......... don't have to worry too much about individual formats etc.

I think it's a winner.

Since when though did it change from "Personal Web Page" to "Weblo"?

I'm getting old............my daughter is watching me type this and she's going duuuuuuh!!!! Daaaaad.

Have fun on your trip....... and update your B L O G........yeah....... I'm with the program now!!!
AnswerID: 59182

Sponsored Links