EOTrackMe

The last 200km of my tracks is missing. I did have EOTrackMe running, however, it did show that the server is Off Line. I had EOTrackMe running in a Telstra reception area before I switched off. Any one knows what the problem may have been ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Friday, Sep 11, 2015 at 03:26

Friday, Sep 11, 2015 at 03:26
I have had the same issue. I have tried different phones and get the same result. About half of the days in my trips are recorded and the other half are skipped. It doesn't seem to matter if there is reception or not. Days at a time go missing.

It is a great idea but after having tried many times over a couple of years I just can't trust EOtrack me to log my trips.
AnswerID: 590237

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Sep 11, 2015 at 20:50

Friday, Sep 11, 2015 at 20:50
George I have spoken to David and he says a server offline message indicates a problem with your phone not with EOTrackMe. Most phones have a store and forward protocol to deal with this but you may have to adjust some settings or it may not be available in your phone. Any problems such as this are related to your device.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 590270

Follow Up By: Member-George (WA) - Friday, Sep 11, 2015 at 21:43

Friday, Sep 11, 2015 at 21:43
Thanks David, I found my problem. On my Galaxy s4, "Mobile Data" was switched OFF.As soon as I switched it back on all missing track points loaded to the server. The hot weather must be effecting me. Cheers
FollowupID: 858263

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Sep 11, 2015 at 21:46

Friday, Sep 11, 2015 at 21:46
That is great George, The words offline are to indicate just that - the app has detected you are out of service (or your mobile data is off) and it is storing the data. But yes it needs a data service to download so the Mobile Data off was going to keep you in the offline mode for longer.

David

David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 858264

Sponsored Links