Drop-Bears, Drop-Possums sighted in Brisbane....

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 11:24
ThreadID: 130422 Views:2688 Replies:5 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
Over two consecutive days, I have been attacked by two Possums using the Drop-Bear strategy of dropping out from trees above onto thier target. Luckily thier aim was a little off and I survived.

Have the bears been teaching the possums this attack? Is there a bear/possum insurgent training camp somewhere in the brisbane area? - does anyone have any other Drop-Possum attacks to report 8)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 11:49

Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 11:49
Relax!
Unless they are of the Sabre Tooth, variety their bite is only superficial and so not to be feared.
It is the Killer Koala's which you have to be careful of!
AnswerID: 590789

Reply By: Member - Tony H (touring oz) - Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 12:19

Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 12:19
Insanity doesnt run in my family.... it gallops!

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 590792

Follow Up By: Ross M - Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 16:42

Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 16:42
That is a well developed meaty specimen the KK has scored.
It seems "looks" as well as "protein content" is important to KK's.
FollowupID: 858843

Reply By: LandCoaster - Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 12:28

Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 12:28
many thanks for the advice Ross, they may infact be sabre-tooth possums 'cause one of the refugees did bite me and it was quite vicsious....

There must be some sort of war going on in the clump of trres in our carpark. Constant battle noises from the turkeys, flying-fox's and possums during the night. Lines of ant nest developing during the day to clean up the carnage.

As a result refugee possums stop over on my patio as they cross the niebourhood. One female, with joey, can't bring herself to leave her beau on the battle-line and we have become familar.

She bit me a few nights ago as i was retriving the feeding bowl. It was a good bite. She used her two front lower diprotodontal insciors (yep, i googled 'em) as reverse sabres whilst breaking skin with her upper max's.

Maybe these ars Sabre-Tooth Possums after all! Maybe the training camp is my backyard! omg, Where should I make an official report to?
AnswerID: 590794

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 15:22

Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 15:22
Bitten Bugger!

You better go and get a "mad bear" injection!! Quickly before the next full moon.

FollowupID: 858840

Follow Up By: Ross M - Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 16:49

Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 16:49
Landcoaster
Possums are fun loving and soft and cuddly creatures. You just don't understand them. Even the lovers of possums don't seem to want them in their living room. However, they are ease with Possums in your living room.

The world evolves and Carnivorous Possums are likely and also Vegetarian Sharks in surfing precints, so the surfers who who are Swimming De Nile, ie, Egyptian swimmers, can feel safe.
FollowupID: 858845

Reply By: Ron N - Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 13:00

Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 13:00
Landcoaster - Unfortunately, it obvious that you have unwittingly blown our cover and exposed our major scheme to rid Brisbane of possums, by secretively oiling every tree branch, under cover of darkness, within the Brisbane CBD and suburbs.

The aim was admirable - to make every Brisbane possum slip and fall from every tree they chose to utilise, landing heavily enough on the ground - not enough to injure them, but to disorient them, and to make them realise they were unwelcome.

It was thought that this regular disorientation and thumping would soon make them retreat to areas where they discovered the tree branches weren't oiled - and there were coincidentally, also, less humans living.

It was hoped that this forced relocation would soon make them realise that the Australian bush provided all they need by way of food sources - and that they had no need to invade humans habitation areas, where food scraps could be found - and everyone would be happy!

Now that you have unwittingly exposed our scheme, it's highly likely the possums have now been forewarned (as they do like to use computers and the internet as much as humans) - and we could now sight possums armed with handfuls of cleaning products, busily scrubbing tree branches in your area!

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 590795

Follow Up By: LandCoaster - Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 13:24

Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 13:24
I think it was more likely the F18's Super Hornet's blew council's cover rather than me. It's now obvious they where oil bombing tree environments around the city and river the last week.

Or is River-Fire really just a ruse, a play to hide RBOPS (Rid Brisbane of Possums) dastardly machinations

Perhaps even this insurgency of fauna is becoming more voracious, a bigger problem than realised ,,,, and what brand of oil is council using anyway?
FollowupID: 858829

Follow Up By: Ron N - Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 13:45

Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 13:45
No, River-Fire was part of the RBOPS plot. The explosions from the massive fireworks display were also being utilised to shock the possums out of their trees.
Did those two nearly fall on you, just as some fireworks went off, by any chance?
FollowupID: 858832

Follow Up By: LandCoaster - Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 23:48

Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 23:48
hmmm, maybe all this is connected and the RBOPS initavite is being effective after all...

The first Drop Possum attemp occured whilt I was tearing down the front of my boys HJ60 down his back yard.
There is a fantastic view of the last run the F18 make ascending steeply into the shy.

Perhaps the first attack on me was also a DPR (Drop-Possum Revolution) agent, after reporting the Hornets flight path decided on a secondry target, me...

I live near the airport so maybe the DPR also have an element out back responsible for the second attack when they realised I would find them out! HA! they missed agin'
FollowupID: 858866

Follow Up By: Ron N - Monday, Sep 28, 2015 at 00:02

Monday, Sep 28, 2015 at 00:02
... and then again ... you just may have a bunch of totally incompetent, klutzy, bumbling, fumbling possums ... who've just managed to fail all their tree-climbing tests, when being tested by Father Possum .... [;-)

You know the type ... it's your kids when they miss a simple, easy goal - or swing the bat on the perfect height ball - and miss hitting it completely.
It's that time when you just want to disown them, and pretend they're someone elses kid.
Father Possum may be trying to disown his klutzy, branch-slipping-out-of-their grasp, fumble-finger offspring, right about now.
FollowupID: 858867

Follow Up By: LandCoaster - Monday, Sep 28, 2015 at 10:53

Monday, Sep 28, 2015 at 10:53
So Ron, you feel this posse of possums at my possie are just klutzy and not elements of the Possum Spring Uprising masquerading as DPR proponents, which we both know RBOPS are after...

Darn it you may just be right - with all the spring growth appearing on tree branch's, as new branch shoots burst from their trunk, the branchs themselves arnt as strong as they usually are.

This may be a new problem for council. Something like the swooping of magpies. Perhaps we need more signage in our parks waring the public of Klutzy-Possum-Month (formerly Sabre-Tooth Drop-Possums).
FollowupID: 858879

Reply By: Member - John - Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 14:31

Sunday, Sep 27, 2015 at 14:31
ROTFLMAO..............
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 590800

Sponsored Links