Harvey Dickson Rodeo

Submitted: Friday, Oct 23, 2015 at 19:57
ThreadID: 130683 Views:1720 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi has anybody been to the Country and Western Music Centre at Boyup Brook for there Rodeo and if so what is it like?They have 2 bands on Friday night ,the Rodeo Saturday and 3 bands on that night.I am wondering if it is a good weekend with a few people or just average,the place looks rough and ready.If anybody can help me decide whether to go or not it would be appreciated.
Thanks all
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Friday, Oct 23, 2015 at 20:52

Friday, Oct 23, 2015 at 20:52
We go regularly and thoroughly enjoy it. Yes I grant it looks rough and ready but don't let looks deceive you...in fact rather than "rough and ready" I would use the words of unique character.

There is a lot of quite original talent and clever use of very old and large whole trees used for various props such as seating, barriers, stage props, light towers etc...very clever and a very rustic feel to it.

One thing I will stress is that from a safety and security point of view they will tolerate absolutely no nonsense whatsoever. Any hint of trouble (and there is virtually none ever) the security are on to it in seconds and would stamp it out..... very safe venue for kids through to the very elderly.

The arena for the rodeo is excellent with great vantage points on all sides. Camping up close to the entrance can be quite crowded........more room up the road in the paddock adjoining the rodeo grounds. We go down by the river bank....quieter 5 mins walk and you can usually light a fire with all provided (seasonal conditions permitting)

Try and get down Friday morning and get a good camp site.

Seriously consider it .....I would be amazed if you didn't enjoy it...very relaxed, family friendly and no hassles at all

Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 591903

Follow Up By: Member - Stuart and Gunny - Friday, Oct 23, 2015 at 21:05

Friday, Oct 23, 2015 at 21:05
Bungarra thank you very much for the information that you have provided.I would be more than happy for a small walk to get there because i travel with a dog who is protective of his kennel on wheels and me.So i am happy to stay where i can walk him without other dogs or people to close.Mine is never of a lead but unfortunately not everybody does this.
Thank you i may see you there ,if you look at my profile the kennel sticks out.
FollowupID: 859982

Reply By: TomH - Friday, Oct 23, 2015 at 22:12

Friday, Oct 23, 2015 at 22:12
Been there, did the tour weird place but quirky and clever use of recycled materials.
Hes got more LP,s than me and thats a worry LOL
AnswerID: 591904

Reply By: Member - MARIC - Saturday, Oct 24, 2015 at 09:49

Saturday, Oct 24, 2015 at 09:49
When is it on? Wouldn't mind a break from the farm
It is only when you see mosquito land on your testicles that you find another way to solve problems without violence

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 591911

Follow Up By: Member - Stuart and Gunny - Saturday, Oct 24, 2015 at 12:52

Saturday, Oct 24, 2015 at 12:52
October the 30th and 31st plus on the Tuesday the 3rd is the Dinninup Show
FollowupID: 860009

Reply By: Brian - Sunday, Oct 25, 2015 at 18:17

Sunday, Oct 25, 2015 at 18:17
Love the place , even though i have never been to the rodeo . The Shed where the music is played is magic , such atmosphere
AnswerID: 591961

Sponsored Links