bad customer service and crappy 2013 stx v6 navara

Submitted: Monday, Nov 09, 2015 at 12:51
ThreadID: 130837 Views:4262 Replies:7 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
We bought a brand new 2013 STX V6 in feb 2014. It was great for the first 6mths. After that, we have had nothing but problems! It has gone into limp mode several times. First time they replaced the brake switch assay. The problem wasnt fixed. In aplil this year (2014) it went into limp mode on a very busy stretch of road, which had my family (my 3young children were in the back) and dam near had us Tboned from both directions (if it were a trick coming each way, we would of been cleaned up). It got towed into nissan(monday morning) and the problem was supposable fixed. We picked it up on the friday. We had only drivin it back to where we were staying (19km) and back in for ANZAC day on the sat (20km) for it only to go into limp mode again! It got towed to nissan and they had it for 8days. We were going between nissan Townsville, and nissan australia and we had the WORST customer service from both of them. We had to drive back home (7hr trip) with a hire car. I drove back up to townsville (14hr round trip) to pick our car up (which townsville nissan used all of our fuel (was full when they received it, and when i picked it up i litterally rolled into the first servo i found and it was bone dry ??)
Now our car is having MORE problems (june 2014-still doing it nov 2014)! It wont accelerate how it is suppose to and it wont change up through the gears! If u put your foot down, the speedo slows down and the revs go really high. We have to turn the car off and restart it and hope for the best. The engine immobiliser comes on and off as it pleases. It also lets our black smoke/soot no matter whether you are accelerating or just sittin on a set speed on cruise control. I have rung nissan on several occasions* (we live 3hrs away from the closest nissan dealer). My family have had nissans all my life (9 nissans so far) but after the trouble we have had with ours, and the VERY poor customer service, we will never buy nor reccommend a nissan to anyone! 
We still owe $60000 on this car, i am absolutely disgusted, i dont even feel safe in it and dont want to put my families life at risk.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Oldbrowny - Monday, Nov 09, 2015 at 13:31

Monday, Nov 09, 2015 at 13:31
Completely understand the frustration. I know of someone who had similar issues on a Patrol and we fitted a few extra earth straps, body to chassis and an extra on the battery to chassis, cured the problem immediately. Might be worth a look.
AnswerID: 592498

Reply By: Bigfish - Monday, Nov 09, 2015 at 13:38

Monday, Nov 09, 2015 at 13:38
Feel for you mate. The experience you are having is exactly why I would never buy a Nissan product. They would have to have the worst warranty experience of all car dealerships/head office in Australia.

What ever you do DO NOT let them keep the vehicle for long periods of time as it will eat into your warranty time. Demand it be fixed pronto and I would get the ACCC involved (mind you , they can be a bloody useless lot too).

YOU REALLY DO HAVE TO CREATE QUITE A SCENE AT A DEALERS TO GET ANYWHERE..

Good luck.
AnswerID: 592499

Follow Up By: Winner W - Monday, Nov 09, 2015 at 14:57

Monday, Nov 09, 2015 at 14:57
Sorry to hear about your disaster with the Nissan STx 550..
3 Years ago I had to choose between a Wildtrak PX ranger and the STX550. I asked the Nissan dealer to drive the Navara . They were not busy at all. I was told at the dealership to leave my number and they will call me when they have an opening to test drive. No calls. 5 days later I called the guys again and they didnt show any interest in me as buyer. Signed for the Ford an hour later . I thought if this is the way Nissan sell you a car I dont want to experience Nissan"s aftermarket warranty issues.
I hope some one on the forum can help you and sort out the problem.Hopefully it is just something small but important.
Good luck
FollowupID: 860688

Reply By: Stu & "Bob" - Monday, Nov 09, 2015 at 16:29

Monday, Nov 09, 2015 at 16:29
Go and get some legal advice, I would be either looking for a full refund, or a replacement vehicle of the same grade. From what you say, it is not fit for purpose.
AnswerID: 592509

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Monday, Nov 09, 2015 at 21:11

Monday, Nov 09, 2015 at 21:11
We really need effective lemon laws in this country.

If this happened in the USA you would have a new vehicle or a refund.

Not here though.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 592528

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Monday, Nov 09, 2015 at 22:02

Monday, Nov 09, 2015 at 22:02
Yep, we consumers have to make sure this happens, there's a move on this now to introduce lemon laws.
Car manufacturers / dealers will have to pick their game up then !
FollowupID: 860705

Follow Up By: mountainman - Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 17:52

Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 17:52
Actually australia is far better for warranty than america
Thats why cars are soo much cheaper over their.
as you dont get the 3year 100k warranty like you do here.

You are paying for the warranty in higher car prices when new
FollowupID: 860734

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 22:12

Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 22:12
Dunno about that, Mountainman.

Eight years ago the vehicle I then owned had a 3 yr/100k warranty here in Aus. In US it had 5 year/?? miles.

5 year warranties are just now starting to appear here, so I think the US is/was well ahead of us.

Anyway, I was talking about lemon laws, not warranties.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 860747

Reply By: Member - DOZER - Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 08:29

Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 08:29
Karina, google your vehicle and look up the info on what issues have been experienced by others and what others have done....i own a cruiser, and did this, which resulted in me buying a obd2 wifi dongle and an app for my iphone. When issues occur on my cruiser, i can check fault codes, record them, reset them and be informed when i speak to Toyota about whats happening. Total cost was $60.
AnswerID: 592543

Follow Up By: K&FT - Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 10:55

Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 10:55
I would be taking a look at the Navara-asia forum. Lots of good info in there on all sorts of issues with nissans.

We have done over 60,000km in our ST-X most of it towing a 2.8 tonne caravan and the only two issues have been contaminated fuel and a faulty EGR valve. All sorted by Nissan dealers and I have no complaints about the service I have received.

sorry to hear you are having issues.

Frank.
FollowupID: 860723

Reply By: Member - RobnJane(VIC) - Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 19:56

Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 19:56
Hi karina l,
As others, I really feel for you in such circumstances, and given further patience and goodwill from you and your Dealer I believe the issue will be sorted one way or the other.

Some of the advice offered by others is, I think, a little irresponsible as at this stage we on the forum no nothing of the cars history, ie dropped in a creek at some stage, involved in an accident, had modifications to fuel, intake or exhaust systems, or 'been chipped', and what of the service history. Clearly you, the Dealer and the manufacturer do know or should as obviously it is all relevant.

The time line noted seems to indicate that there has been quite some time from the last failure to the current failure and clearly could be an unrelated issue, and of course intermittent faults are often very difficult to identify and easy to fix once identified.

Rather than be overly aggressive or angry, be as objective and open as you can be and work with both the Dealer and the manufacturer and you will get a better and certainly less stressful outcome. This suggestion does not mean you should do anything other than ensure your rights, be forthright and objective, then it is more likely people will work with you.

You will still be in for a slog,but I hope you get the appropriate outcome.
Good luck!
Rob P
RobnJane

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 592566

Follow Up By: Bigfish - Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 07:37

Wednesday, Nov 11, 2015 at 07:37
Have you ever had to deal with a dealer/company thata refuses to honour its warranty? Nissan has a crappy reputation when it comes to customer service. Being nice and polite will see you screwed further as they see you only as a nuisance. In the vehicle warranty business nice guys finish LAST!!!
FollowupID: 860758

Follow Up By: swampy - Saturday, Nov 14, 2015 at 12:05

Saturday, Nov 14, 2015 at 12:05
hi bigfish
Nice guys ,yea no what u mean ,this is not restricted to cars ""did u operate that machine up ramps -no warranty "" what the f...k
cheers swampy
FollowupID: 860884

Reply By: GREG T11 - Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 21:01

Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 21:01
Do you mean 2014 or 2015 ?
AnswerID: 592569

Sponsored Links