RIP Richard Green

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 12:46
ThreadID: 130847 Views:2330 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
As many of you will have heard on the news, Helicopter tragedy. Richard Green and his wife Carolyn and film maker/friend John Davis were killed in a tragic helicopter accident on Sunday afternoon in NSW. My children have been inside Richard & Carolyn's house and they are family friends of my parents. They are much like the rest of us here on ExplorOz - who appreciate the isolated, pristine parts of Australia but they were lucky enough to have the means to visit them with a helicopter rather than a 4WD. As one of Australia's leading landscape photographers his website and photographic books are delightful. Try to get one if you haven't seen one. Richard Green's website
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 13:07

Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 13:07
Yes it is tragic news indeed.

I own one of Richards wonderful books ('Remote and Wild') and bought it because it is full of photographs of landscapes of places which I would never get to see otherwise. Many remind me of places we have traveled through.

When we are at home, I often pick it up and get lost in the beauty which each page reveals. The quality and composition are way above any I will ever hope to take and display such passion and empathy for Australia's isolated places.

While i did not know them, since I saw the first reports on TV last night, they have been so often in my thoughts..It is a huge loss

regards,

Heather

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 592553

Reply By: Les - PK Ranger - Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 14:32

Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 14:32
Indeed a sad loss.
If you check the website (google Richard Green Photography) it is chock full of beautiful images and adventures, and they obviously cared for the environment a great deal, leaving places they visited as clean or cleaner than they found.
What incredible lives they led, absolutely to the full, and at least some solace that they died together, and doing something they loved.
AnswerID: 592555

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 14:33

Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 14:33
They crashed sometime after 3pm Saturday, Watagans area.
FollowupID: 860730

Reply By: Member - Odog - Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 15:51

Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 15:51
I remember them from the doco/interview on Sunday Night programme.. What a fantastic life they were leading.. great loss.. Such passionate people.. Thoughts go out to family and friends of the 3 lives lost.. Owen n Sue
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 592557

Sponsored Links